jacob_xr6turbo Legacy Donating Member 433 Member For: 19y 25d Location: Richmond, Melbourne Posted 25/08/09 06:22 AM Posted 25/08/09 06:22 AM I think the original poster wanted some insight into how hard a 300rwkw+ car would pull at WOT...Of course these cars are very drivable, when keeping it off boost, etc. Put the boost in, and most cars in the dry with 300rwkw will break traction in 1st and 2nd ..
mjadeb1984 Señor Member Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 25/08/09 07:28 AM Author Posted 25/08/09 07:28 AM yeah mate I know they are drivable even with 400+ but at WOT its a different story. I was just curious to hear peoples experiences.I was running a generic 10psi tune and found the boost to come on quiet aggressively and in the wet it was fun but stupid. ive been running the factory tune for a while now and cant wait to get a custom tune.here is a scenariodry road, decent tyres, 60-70kphin 2nd?in 3rd?in auto?put the boot in, will it lay some rubber?ive seen the vid of the blue ute with 377kw smoke it up in third. looks awesome.
Daniel Member 299 Member For: 23y 3m Gender: Male Posted 25/08/09 08:47 AM Posted 25/08/09 08:47 AM Could not agree more!Having had all the power for so long, the only thing you need to know is you can make it spin at ill IF you want to, but I don't really think there is much reason to on the road unless you're a tool or a show pony who doesn't care about the ramifications!Also that the tune plays a huge part in the way it will break traction.Aggressive tunes will slam the boost in at one very narrow point in the RPM range which is obviously going to the take the tyers by surprise and they will light up.Progressive tunes have just as much power, faster for day to day use, 100% more usable meaning you can drive quickly without breaking traction unless YOU are aggressive with your foot.As said above also, it is much more impressive and important to get power to the ground with as little wheelspin as possible no matter how little or how massive your power levels are!
mjadeb1984 Señor Member Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 25/08/09 09:19 AM Author Posted 25/08/09 09:19 AM (edited) sounds good mate, a nice progressive tune sounds the go for sure. what type of tunes do people have that have been tuned by bruce?I'm sure he can do what ever he wants though. he knows his stuff I'm told. Edited 25/08/09 09:21 AM by mjadeb1984
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Location: adelaide Posted 25/08/09 09:34 AM Posted 25/08/09 09:34 AM mine seames pritty progressive boost comes on erly and is thru the whole rev range, my old wrx was harsh wet from nothing to full on gave that real push back in seat feel but it was a 4wd so was easy to drive, differant story if it was a rwd, would spin every time boost kicks in, I could spin all 4 wheels in 3rd in the wet which isnt bad for a 4wd with only 157kw at the wheels
mjadeb1984 Señor Member Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 25/08/09 09:38 AM Author Posted 25/08/09 09:38 AM yeah not bad man. I like the sound of your tune I'll post pics and more info when I get me tune.
XAH03 Member 597 Member For: 18y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Cairns QLD Posted 25/08/09 10:00 AM Posted 25/08/09 10:00 AM my tune is progressive, boost comes in early and lasts a fair way. I think its the amount of torque too that add's to the tyre frying fun.I love the fact that I can give it a bootfull and light the rears but also being able to get the power down when needs be is also good too
Redback Banned 236 Member For: 17y 3m 25d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown NSW Posted 25/08/09 11:08 AM Posted 25/08/09 11:08 AM At 2700 rpm I get about 1000nm of torque come on. So even in the dry and being an auto if I plant it at about 80 kph I can still get it going sideways.
mjadeb1984 Señor Member Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 25/08/09 11:11 AM Author Posted 25/08/09 11:11 AM sweet fancy moses
mjadeb1984 Señor Member Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 27/08/09 07:33 AM Author Posted 27/08/09 07:33 AM holy sh*t I just went for a drive in a mates 300kw xr6. now I know what im in for and I cant wait. I just cancelled my (worthless) extended warrenty on my car so should recive a refund of about $1200 that shooud pay for the tune and injectors300 here we come
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now