acid_rush Member 51 Member For: 18y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/08/09 05:07 AM Posted 20/08/09 05:07 AM Hey guy's just wondering if anybody has had the same problem as me. I own a 03 BA XR6T I was driving down the M2 today and car sounded like it has a exaust leak (Aftermarket full system)and then I realised when it come's on boost it's not responding but is still spooling up, the car is still to hot to check but could it be turbo gasket or exuast gasket or even worse f*cked turbo???
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/08/09 06:29 AM Posted 20/08/09 06:29 AM Could've lost a bolt out of the turbo too mate, check the ones that bolt into the rear housing - does it sound like a tractor or is it only a quiet leak?
acid_rush Member 51 Member For: 18y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/08/09 12:52 PM Author Posted 20/08/09 12:52 PM (edited) Sounds a bit like a tractor Edited 20/08/09 12:53 PM by acid_rush
Redback Banned 236 Member For: 17y 3m 18d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown NSW Posted 20/08/09 09:15 PM Posted 20/08/09 09:15 PM Your manifold bolts could be loose. When I pulled my turbo off they dont run a gasket fro the manifold to the turbo. Just pull off all your heatshields and take a look. You should be able to spot the leak then.
acid_rush Member 51 Member For: 18y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/08/09 03:58 AM Author Posted 21/08/09 03:58 AM Thanks will have a look when I get home from work this afternoon cheers
hajj Member 2 Member For: 17y 4m 8d Posted 07/09/09 01:19 PM Posted 07/09/09 01:19 PM Hey guy's just wondering if anybody has had the same problem as me. I own a 03 BA XR6T I was driving down the M2 today and car sounded like it has a exaust leak (Aftermarket full system)and then I realised when it come's on boost it's not responding but is still spooling up, the car is still to hot to check but could it be turbo gasket or exuast gasket or even worse f*cked turbocould be as the guys said a bolts come loose and leaking pressure
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 07/09/09 10:35 PM Posted 07/09/09 10:35 PM Happens all the time make sure you check all the bolts. I didn't check mine for a while and it ruined the gasket around the turbo to dump pipe :(
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now