QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 29d Posted 03/09/03 10:47 AM Posted 03/09/03 10:47 AM 12000km on the clock......still no speeding tickets.I find that the I am ever so conscious of my speed that I have become a very prudent driver. I used to speed a lot more in my old car with half the horsepower. Don't get me wrong, at every occassion I give it some. But as soon as I hit the speed limit ( or just above) I back off. I am particularly diligent around school zones and built up areas.What I am saying is that you can still have fun within the confines of the law.Remember, all it takes is one poke of the accelerator at the wrong time and its goodby license. Lots of my friends drive sh#tboxes with a third of the horsepower I have and continuously get booked for speeding.Either I'm very lucky or I have things worked out!!!!!
Guest PhilH Guests Posted 03/09/03 11:21 AM Posted 03/09/03 11:21 AM Certainly easy to let the speed creep up in the T. Mine's only 2 weeks old, 550kms. On the road today, just quietly cuising along (so I thought), glanced down, 125km (speed limit here is 100). Whoops, backed off straight away and set the cruise control at 109 (we typically get a 10km buffer). Literally within 10 seconds, a patrol car came around the corner towards me. Very lucky timing.I think I'll be using the cruise control and possiby the speed alarm a lot more in this car than my EL Fairmont.
Guest IMTRBO Guests Posted 03/09/03 11:23 AM Posted 03/09/03 11:23 AM I hope ure luck is better than mine I coped one on the way home from work at 11:30 at night 15 over 3 points + 200 fine and he pulled me up in a vy ss prolly should of try to out run him I got more power!!
twinxrs Member 202 Member For: 23y 2m 18d Location: Sydney Posted 03/09/03 11:24 AM Posted 03/09/03 11:24 AM Hi there QikSmurfKnow the feeling ! My previous drive was a series 1 AU XR6 VCT, and I was on the road every day doing IT field support.Nothing like having your continued income reliant on a drivers license to make you aware of the speed limit.... Glad to say that after 3+ years on Sydney roads at all times of the day & night, I never got picked up once - but I was always aware of the speed limit everywhere I went. On the other hand, the financial controller always speeds everywhere she goes, never has an idea of what the posted speed limit is and hasn't been booked either ! Go figure ! (I maintain that it's cause cops like to get laid once in a while, and can see the sense in not p*ssing off the ladies! (Sorry Plonky) ) But it's certainly taking a whole lot more effort not putting the foot down in the T
SJW Member 122 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 03/09/03 11:30 AM Posted 03/09/03 11:30 AM Twinxrs,I agree,I got the "t" as a reward for keeping my licence. I took a new job 12 months ago that involves driving for a lot of kilometres.Courtesy of a high powered roadbike ( and no, I am not hard done by ) I lost my points down to 2.I managed to last 12 months without a single fine and am now looking forward to the "T" as a reward.I agree that having a job where you need your licence makes you use your cruise control more and be aware of your speed. You can only legally go 100 , but there's no law about how fast you can get to 100.
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 03/09/03 12:02 PM Posted 03/09/03 12:02 PM Remember, all it takes is one poke of the accelerator at the wrong time and its goodby licenseThis is exactly the way it was for me several weeks back............out for a leisurely cruise with my two young sons on a Sunday afternoon, on a highway just outside Geelong, had the cruise control set at around 103 kph, came up behind a removal trailer doing around 90 kph, so I patiently sat behind him for a couple of k's. An overtaking lane came up so I had a chance to pass him ( not exceding my 103 kph), while alongside him I see two small cars only 50 or so metres in front of him, so I think "A quick little tickle here & I'll clear these two aswell" (as we all do). I kick it back to third & give it a bit . Just as I go past them, a mobile radar in an SS goes past inthe opposite direction. DOH!!!! Look at speedo, 130 ish. :( I was very lucky, this guy knocked my speed down, still 3 points & $200 fine for a 15 second (that's about all it was) indescretion. Oh well.............
Lord Cyric Just sit back and enjoy the ride...! Legacy Donating Member 1,121 Member For: 23y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 03/09/03 12:07 PM Posted 03/09/03 12:07 PM Oh yeah. And have I got some stories to tell about SJW's driving record.... Me thinks I should go pack now. Flying to Shanghai in the morning... some silly work thing. B)
SJW Member 122 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 03/09/03 12:22 PM Posted 03/09/03 12:22 PM Shanghai,Why go to shanghai ?Too many foreigners. And don't bring back SARS ( or a $1 bride .. no matter how long she promises to love you for )Cheap DVD's are always a nice present.
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 03/09/03 01:18 PM Posted 03/09/03 01:18 PM I lasted 9200km, got pinged Monday, 70 in a 60 zone, about 100mtrs before the 70 zone. F*ckn anal retentive............
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 03/09/03 08:47 PM Posted 03/09/03 08:47 PM I haven't been booked in the T yet(Touch Wood)but it's not far off-As usual I'll just cop it on the chin Different story on the bike thou,Just can't help myself(ah what's 3 months,just go back to driving the T)I pity all you guys and gals in Victoria with Brack's revenue propping up government At least in NSW you have half a chance with most (not all)coppers giving you some tolerance :
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now