adzyxr6t Member 8 Member For: 17y 4m 19d Posted 19/07/09 09:46 PM Posted 19/07/09 09:46 PM Hey everyone,I have xr6t ute ute and I was just wondering what would be the best option for me. should I buy a proper cold air intake like a growler or something, or am I better off just gettin a f6 lower intake. which one of these work the best. also so I have heard of people just cuttin a hole in the air box and runnin some pipe under the headlight.??
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 19d Gender: Male Posted 19/07/09 10:06 PM Posted 19/07/09 10:06 PM I just put an f6 lower snorkel in my car on the weekend, and it made a difference. It is a cheap thing to do, but if you don't care about your car looking factory then you could just use some rectangular plastic gutter pipe and seal it up somehow. Not sure how the growler or other intakes compare though, but they are a lot more money.
notol Team Octane Legacy Donating Member 209 Member For: 17y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Innisfail Nth Qld Posted 20/07/09 12:08 AM Posted 20/07/09 12:08 AM I've got a SS Inductions Growler and whilst I am happy with it and the noise it makes, I do kinda wish I had just waited, read up more on the forum, saved a bit more and picked up one of Process West's Kits. Looks a damn site better and will allow for a plenum upgrade in the future.
mattyb Legacy Donating Member 1,097 Member For: 18y 3m 21d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 20/07/09 01:25 AM Posted 20/07/09 01:25 AM Short term I went for the F6 snorkel, but as stated above I also am heading down the process west CAI path shortly, it allows for the plenum etc.
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 20/07/09 03:41 AM Posted 20/07/09 03:41 AM The F6 intake is the cheapest and safest option in my opinion. If your not concerned about defects or noise then the PW kit is the best for flow and quality.Benny
adzyxr6t Member 8 Member For: 17y 4m 19d Posted 20/07/09 06:26 AM Author Posted 20/07/09 06:26 AM thanks for the replies, I think I might just go with the f6 intake. has anyone just cut a hole and ran the pipe under the light.??
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 7d Gender: Male Posted 20/07/09 06:32 AM Posted 20/07/09 06:32 AM (edited) I've been roaming the new estates looking for that 3 - 3.1/2 inch black plastic pipe that they put on all the nature strip trees.. I was planning on making a new hole on the side of the airbox and running it next to the cooler.. there used to be HEAPSSS around but now that im looking for it I cant find jack Edited 20/07/09 06:32 AM by freeze_dk
notol Team Octane Legacy Donating Member 209 Member For: 17y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Innisfail Nth Qld Posted 20/07/09 10:31 PM Posted 20/07/09 10:31 PM Don't let them greenie's catchya, they don't take kindly to people who don't take kindly to their trees... Maybe you aren't the only one that had that idea, would explain why ya can't find any?
arnie9866 Member 9 Member For: 17y 4m 9d Posted 21/07/09 08:54 AM Posted 21/07/09 08:54 AM Is the F6 intake the same as the XR8 intake(Lower air box and snorkle)?Hey Benny with the Lux pack do you get the black facias next to the gear shift,ICC and the trim on the dash and doors?
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 22/07/09 02:27 PM Posted 22/07/09 02:27 PM Is the F6 intake the same as the XR8 intake(Lower air box and snorkle)?Can't comment on the BA/BF but the FG is different.All 6 cylinder cars in the FG range, including the FPV's, have the same snorkel and lower airbox.Only the v8 models have the larger pair.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now