MINISPOOL BA Member 21 Member For: 17y 2m 24d Posted 09/07/09 06:33 PM Posted 09/07/09 06:33 PM hey im new to this forum I have a 2003 BA XR6 and im thinking of converting it to turbo I was just wondering what would I need to do and approx how much it would cost any information would be a great help thanks.
spine Legacy Donating Member 642 Member For: 20y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Footscrayastan Posted 09/07/09 07:14 PM Posted 09/07/09 07:14 PM (edited) try the search next time Edited 09/07/09 07:16 PM by spine
104ord Member 391 Member For: 18y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: north brisbane Posted 09/07/09 08:12 PM Posted 09/07/09 08:12 PM welcome ... and yes I think its been done once or twice so there is a thread or two
Bucks Member 31 Member For: 17y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 10/07/09 01:35 AM Posted 10/07/09 01:35 AM Hey, sounds like a very interesting prohject.At the end of the day it all depends on what sort of turbo you put into it.For instance if you are looking to put the same turbo fitted to the xr6t and F6 (Garrett gt3582r) you can expect to pay anywhere from $1500-$1750. On top of this you would have to set aside the same amount for intercooler, bigger cai, wastegate etc... You would also have to take into consideration installation and plan for unexpected issues the guzzle money to fix.Goodluck for the project and I hope it all goes well.
MINISPOOL BA Member 21 Member For: 17y 2m 24d Posted 10/07/09 08:08 AM Author Posted 10/07/09 08:08 AM What about the ECU or Engine internals would I need to change any of them??
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/07/09 08:26 AM Posted 10/07/09 08:26 AM No mate, juts bolt on a turbo. dont even bother hooking it up. Whack some fully sic stickers on it, maybe even a GT bonnet and you can go chase down the VL boys.Scotty
Xrfranjo Member 350 Member For: 19y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Bonnyrigg Heights, NSW Posted 10/07/09 10:27 AM Posted 10/07/09 10:27 AM I can help your problemwhere are you located
MINISPOOL BA Member 21 Member For: 17y 2m 24d Posted 10/07/09 11:01 AM Author Posted 10/07/09 11:01 AM im located in melbourne
MINISPOOL BA Member 21 Member For: 17y 2m 24d Posted 15/07/09 05:36 PM Author Posted 15/07/09 05:36 PM okay well everyones been alot of help thanks heaps. now since im 20 years old im waiting till I turn 21 to do the turbo conversion and also just wondering how much would full comp insurance be after I convert it considering I have lost my license 2 times for speeding 30ks over the limit?
MINISPOOL BA Member 21 Member For: 17y 2m 24d Posted 24/07/09 09:58 AM Author Posted 24/07/09 09:58 AM hey I was just wondering would it be worth it to go to a wreckers and just buy a XR6T engine with everything??? for bout $4,500 and theres 57000kms on the engine
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now