Need Help In Making My Xr6t Purchase.

kaniSS

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 9d
never driven the 6speed man but I have driven the 6sp auto and they are a fantasic box. Living in Sydney Im sure the ease of not having to change gears in peak hour taffic would appeal to you

:blush:

First Phoon was a manual , current ride 6 speed auto for that very reason. Unless you spend a lot of time driving the twisties

the ZF is more than a fair compromise

• Member For: 14y 9m 29d

Nice, thanks guys...some great info there which has helped a lot...I think I will take the auto for a spin and see how it fares up with a manual...

• Member For: 15y 8m 7d

I did a track day recently with my stock bf2 auto and I was very impressed, in sports mode it stayed in gear holding plenty of revs. Very few times where it wasnt in the same gear I would have been in if it were manual. Really worth looking at even for someone who always drives manuals.

• Member For: 18y 2m 14d

I spent 7 months looking fWanted leaterh, or a nice BFII. I origionally wanted as low kms as possible, only one of a few colours, premium sound. Everything else would be a bonus.

Still after waiting 7 months I even decided low kms were the most important thing and even eneded up compromising on colour.

I have never owned an auto before, but the zf is a really fun box to drive, im happy with the decision to move away from the manual, really responsive and you can still have some fun with the semi auto.

FG is the way to go if you have the budget for it!!

• Member For: 14y 9m 29d

Can you keep the semi-auto in the gear you want untill you decide to change it?? say if I want to redline the sh*t out of everygear before I decide to go up to the next gear will it allow or does it do it automatically at a certain rev range overriding your decision to change up???

So you keep it in drive then knock it into the + & - and its just up to change a gear and down to take it down a gear?? What if im in 6th and I knock it back down twice to 4th hypothetically as I floor it??? will it let me do this?

Edited by kaniSS

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 3d

Yes within reason it will hold the gear unless it's beyond what it considers "safe". I.e. if you're in a high gear at very low revs and slam the accelerator it will kick-down a gear which is by design. The only time I've ever experienced this is when deliberately trying to invoke it.

When you come to a complete stop it will drop right back down to second by itself, if you want first you need to select it.

It will never change-up, if you hit the rev limiter though it will put your through the farkin windscreen (well not quite...but it's pretty aggressive)

If you knock it down more than one gear it will sequentially change through them as long as changing down won't cause it to over-rev.

But all the above is just the icing on the cake with the ZF. In auto (or sports auto) it will always be in the right gear, will change down gears in an emergency braking scenario, hold gears through corners, hold gears on descent unless you’re accelerating, short-shift if losing too much traction etc. etc etc. :huh:

So yeah, just take one for a drive. lol