notol Team Octane Legacy Donating Member 209 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Innisfail Nth Qld Posted 22/07/09 01:05 AM Posted 22/07/09 01:05 AM Bah, forgot you were starting in the new suspension place senna...just finished putting king's SSL under mine, should have waited...
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 22/07/09 01:22 AM Posted 22/07/09 01:22 AM that's ok mate, when you want some shocks or bushes you can drop me a line and we'll look after you
notol Team Octane Legacy Donating Member 209 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Innisfail Nth Qld Posted 22/07/09 01:51 AM Posted 22/07/09 01:51 AM Will do good sir!
GMH8R Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 18y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: Mt Isa Posted 22/07/09 10:50 AM Posted 22/07/09 10:50 AM I have SSL on the front of mine and once settled it lowers about 40mm. I have lowered the back 50mm and it still sits a bit higher than the front. Although it looks great if I had my time again I would go 45-50mm at the back but only SL at the front. SSL is just that bit too low for driveways, kerbs and speed humps because the utes have such a looong wheel base. If you do go SSL at the front, dont forget a camber kit other wise you will wear out the inside of your tyres very quickly because of too much negative camber.Hey mate, How much is it too lower arse end of your fg?
GMH8R Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 18y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: Mt Isa Posted 22/07/09 10:52 AM Posted 22/07/09 10:52 AM (edited) PM me your location and I can try and sort out some pricing for you and if you are in NSW we can work on complete installation prices too.CheersPatHi mate, Can you give me a price to supply suspension to lower the back of my fg ute 50mm? Edited 22/07/09 10:53 AM by GMH8R
thefuture Member 46 Member For: 17y 4m 17d Posted 23/07/09 01:30 AM Posted 23/07/09 01:30 AM Correct me if im wrong, but doesn't lowering it mess with the DSC? ANyone got some good info on this? I was warned it would wig out the way it works?Cheersjust a quick update, had the SL king's put in the front today but it has only dropped about 12mm. so I am waiting until next week for them to sag a little and then im going to do the back so ill have pics up then. cheers.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 23/07/09 02:01 AM Posted 23/07/09 02:01 AM If you dramatically change the ride height (ie taking all travel out of the suspension) you may have issues with the way the DSC works, but majority of cars lowered to a reasonable height don't have any issues
kjc87 Member 20 Member For: 17y 9m 23d Posted 23/07/09 04:06 AM Posted 23/07/09 04:06 AM don't know about dsc but I know the abs still works good... tested that out when I didn't see a pedestrian crossing lol.. still pulled up well without locking them up..
notol Team Octane Legacy Donating Member 209 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Innisfail Nth Qld Posted 23/07/09 04:56 AM Posted 23/07/09 04:56 AM I bet the pedestrian !!
Boosted1 Member 346 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Posted 23/07/09 11:52 PM Posted 23/07/09 11:52 PM just a thought. the cv is wearing out because of the change in angle between the tail shaft and the diff pinion angle. I know you can shim diff pinion angles in the e series falcons to stop diff chatter. I wonder if we could shim it to fix the change in angle???
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now