Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Hi guys... I got a 03 XR6 Turbo ute... the speakers are starting to sh*t out on it, I am looking to upgrade them all.

what I want to know is, are the rears 6x9 or 7x10

are the fronts 4 or 6 inches

how do I go about hooking an amp and sub up to the standard head unit?? ive heard about adapters you can buy but not sure...

any help would be great, I am REALLY useless with stereos! haha

Thanks fellas...

  • Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Your House
Posted (edited)

not sure about the ute rears, but doors are 7x4's and I would assume rears are the same size, they are an odd size, but you can change the fronts to 6" splits or whatever, have a look around the audio section, you will find some good info in there :dontknow:

Edited by Chich
  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Both the font and rears are 5x7 just like in the sedans. You can fit 6" or 6.5" in the front with a custom mdf spacer. Rears can go to a 6x9 with a spacer.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

thanks for ya help fellas, do you know where I can get these spaces from??

  • 5 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wanneroo, Perth WA
Posted

Bloody excellent,

This is just what I was after in terms of what sizes I can fir in my ute also, as 5 x 7 really limits you to brands and performance,

Sweet as!

  • Go Pies!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW
Posted

mate - search is your friend!

:stirthepot:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...