Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

BINGO! there is your problem.

  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I have the Teins with EDFC on my 2 Fords, and my STi.

I don't have an issue with the standard Tein spring rates as used on the Fords.

On my BA (manual) I have the dampers softer than the BF (auto), which on the softest setting is more comfortable around town.

I do like being able to change the settings real time to get the setting I want, and having 16 different settings for both front and rear.

Having said that I haven't taken the cars around the circuit with them, so I may have a different opinion for that usage.

Around town I usually just run full soft, unless I want to go a bit quicker, in which case a touch of a button firms up the suspension to my stored setting.

Out on the open road I use a lot firmer settings, and have a stored preset for that also. It's briliant on the freeway also; you feel like you are gliding along.

By comparison on the STi the car bounces around too much on the softer setting, and all you do is gradually adjust the setting firmer until the bounce goes away.

Teins were very expensive around xmas, when the dollar lost it's value; not sure if the price has come back down again.

Brian

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Broady, Melbourne
Posted

I recently enquired about getting the EDFC through Centerline suspension in Reservoir VIC. I got quoted $800 fitted so I booked it in and left a $200 deposit via VISA card. When it arrived I was told they've gone up. I asked how much and was told $1100 fitted. Ahh, no fanks I said. It took me 2 weeks to get my deposit back, and I had to drive down there and get the cash myself. Do I have a target on my forehead or what? Sorry, I digress. I was told that they've gone up that much and that was only about 4 weeks ago.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...