stockxr Banned 123 Member For: 18y 8m 14d Gender: Male Posted 07/06/09 10:10 AM Posted 07/06/09 10:10 AM hey guys, at the moment im running the standard cross over with the typhoon airbox and a k&n panell filter, but I really enjoy dosing lol, I know sad what eva.... if I ran the under batery pod, behind the headlight, would I be waisting power or would it run the same/better????if any one has changed from the standard x-over to the ubp set up your input would be much apreciated! thank you kind regards adrian
ravenhard Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 18y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown! Posted 07/06/09 12:26 PM Posted 07/06/09 12:26 PM Ive just changed over from the standard setup with KN panel and F6 secondary intake to a setup with the under battery CAI but I also got rid of the crossover all together for my cold side IC piping. Induction noise is quite a bit louder and definitely gives me more power but as I discovered my car is actually over boosting a little bit, which means I it time for a retune
stockxr Banned 123 Member For: 18y 8m 14d Gender: Male Posted 08/06/09 12:30 PM Author Posted 08/06/09 12:30 PM so you recon you gained a little bit???
ravenhard Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 18y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown! Posted 08/06/09 12:33 PM Posted 08/06/09 12:33 PM gained alot, do it if you can!
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 09/06/09 12:14 AM Posted 09/06/09 12:14 AM I just changed from the panel filter to rapids 4" intake (relocated battery) and wholy sh*t did that make a difference, throttle response and low down power are 10x better and if you are after dose then it does it well
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 09/06/09 02:43 AM Posted 09/06/09 02:43 AM If you think of it like sucking through a straw. If it's 5mm in diameter and 1m long it's going to make it much more difficult than if you had a straw 20mm in diameter and 300mm long. But installing this setup may result in difficulties in boost control and spiking. If so you just need to address the control issues.Benny
stockxr Banned 123 Member For: 18y 8m 14d Gender: Male Posted 09/06/09 07:13 AM Author Posted 09/06/09 07:13 AM ok cool so, just to be clear, the (rapid say)under batery pipe will make more power than the standard x-over and panel fillter???
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 16d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 09/06/09 07:31 AM Posted 09/06/09 07:31 AM Yes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now