Turbo777 Member 19 Member For: 19y 3m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/06/09 05:22 AM Posted 05/06/09 05:22 AM When I'm driving my BF MKII with its generic flash tune and the boost starts getting up over 5psi it splutters and loses power until I take the foot off the pedal. It only really does it in 3rd,4th,5th, and 6th gears. When I flash it back to stock its fine just the higher boost is causing issues. The boost stays stable while its shuddering it doesnt spike or anything it seems to hold boost.Fraud checked it out but I flashed it back to stock so they couldn't really tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
gregor Member 459 Member For: 18y 1m 14d Posted 05/06/09 05:47 AM Posted 05/06/09 05:47 AM might be a dumb question but its not traction control is it? From what ive heard it can be a bit intrusive over stock power levels.
NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 8m Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 05/06/09 06:08 AM Posted 05/06/09 06:08 AM The first think that comes to mind here is 'generic tune'Mate these are average at best for the majority of people using generics. Are you running and 8psi generic? Or 10psi?When you say you run it stock, and it's just the higher boost causing problems - Do you mean at levels around 4/5/6pis? I think stock is about 5 or 6 - so what do you mean higher levels? Maybe it's overboosting if it's going beyond about 5psi...? Any other problems? Like Funny Idle? Sounds like it could even be valve float? That causes problems in the higher rev range, but in a BF II that's not common at all...Gregor may be on the ball as well mate. I have driven a BFII and the trac was a bit of a sh*t to be honest, but it's hard to tell exactly what you mean over the internet.Try it without trac and see how you go. Cheers,Dan
Turbo777 Member 19 Member For: 19y 3m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/06/09 06:58 AM Author Posted 05/06/09 06:58 AM Na ive already had the stability control issue its definitely not that hahaha. Yeah I know the generic tune is bloody ordinary. Ive been running the 10psi for a while now but its only just started doing this. Up until 5psi its fine. When it hits around 6-10 it just shudders under the bonnet it seems. Shouldn't be getting valve float in a BF MK II should I????
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 05/06/09 07:43 AM Posted 05/06/09 07:43 AM (edited) mine did this a while ago. but less shuddering, more of a spitting induction noise, and wuld only do it every now and again. but after my last retune. changed tuners, hasnt done it since. could possibly be your tune to? Edited 05/06/09 07:44 AM by typhoon_freak
NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 8m Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 05/06/09 10:46 AM Posted 05/06/09 10:46 AM As it's a generic tune Freak, I wouldn't be suprised if that's what's causing him grief...You said from 6psi-10psi is when you have the problems? Stock = 0-5psi and when the generic kicks in = 6-10spi = problems.Therefore I'd put money on it beng the tune then.777, you shouldn't be getting valve float... Operative word is shouldn't, but anything is possible.Maybe a custom tune is in order...?
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 05/06/09 11:38 AM Posted 05/06/09 11:38 AM (edited) did you regap the plugs? I'd say its just blowing out especially since its ok when you flash it back. grab yourself a set of ngk bkr6e-11 & regap them to .75 -.8 & take it for a squirt. Best to get a custom tune or at least run it up on a dyno to check the afr's just in case. Edited 05/06/09 11:41 AM by qik1
Turbo777 Member 19 Member For: 19y 3m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/06/09 06:30 AM Author Posted 09/06/09 06:30 AM If my generic tune has been fine for a few months can it just crap its pants out of nowhere like this?I guess I'll just have to get onto one of the tuners on this site and get them to look at it and get a custom tune??Hopefully that fixes it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now