Anthony Member 49 Member For: 18y 9m 12d Posted 03/06/09 12:05 PM Posted 03/06/09 12:05 PM Hi guys.got a early ba getting floating valves a bit so I have got some atomic ones to replace the stock ones. I'm aware there is a tool to make life easier to remove the springs. I plan on getting an air compressor into the spark plug hole and holding pressure on the valves but there is a tool to remove 4 springs at a time does anyone have or know where I can get one/Borrow of course I will pay. I do not really wanna pull the Head off but I will if I have to.ThanksAnthony
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 03/06/09 12:08 PM Posted 03/06/09 12:08 PM Atomic sell them mate
Anthony Member 49 Member For: 18y 9m 12d Posted 03/06/09 12:22 PM Author Posted 03/06/09 12:22 PM after searching I have seen atomic do this and thanks to senna_T but 385 just for the tool if a bit much for a one off. my dad is a mechanic of 30 odd years for ford but the tool would make life easier does someone have one.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/06/09 12:41 PM Posted 03/06/09 12:41 PM Location might help if you want to borrow one.Otherwise any of the local forum advertisers will be able to do it for you - but I'm thinkin' that's not what you're after.
Anthony Member 49 Member For: 18y 9m 12d Posted 03/06/09 12:47 PM Author Posted 03/06/09 12:47 PM Sorry Guys im in victoria. im sure someone has one out there somewhere
JVK Legacy Donating Member 751 Member For: 20y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: North West Hot Hell,VIC Posted 03/06/09 09:07 PM Posted 03/06/09 09:07 PM How much were the atomic springs?I think he has two sets available.I am also interested in valve spring tool for hire in vic.
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 04/06/09 05:22 AM Posted 04/06/09 05:22 AM I made my own tool for the rear springs.
Anthony Member 49 Member For: 18y 9m 12d Posted 05/06/09 01:49 AM Author Posted 05/06/09 01:49 AM How about anyone wanna buy a tool with me. buy it together then sell it and split the difference?????. contemplated making one but if I can get someone to go in with me ill just pay couple hundred.
Anthony Member 49 Member For: 18y 9m 12d Posted 09/06/09 10:01 AM Author Posted 09/06/09 10:01 AM Finaly a win for me. Lucky enough I found one. my dad works at our local morley for and as they have found theirs I can now borrow it. Lucky I just about brought one.thanks for everyones input
Bad Apples Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 21y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 09/06/09 12:34 PM Posted 09/06/09 12:34 PM I'd be surprised if you cant find a tool to have a lend of here somewhere......
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now