Shermanator Member 21 Member For: 17y 4m 3d Posted 06/06/09 12:45 AM Author Posted 06/06/09 12:45 AM I thought I should update this thread. At the current stage the injectors were taken out and tested and the seem fine, so they arent clogged. My mechanic will take of the cat and check this out, but he seems to have his doubts that its the problem. If that's not it he will eventually remove the turbo and see if that's it. This is becoming increasingly frustrating and by then end of next week if the problem is still their, then I think its time to get rid of her. My friends are now laughing at me that it was "Found on Rubbish Dump" and I am not laughing at all.
xr6 typhoon Good for nothing member Legacy Donating Member 619 Member For: 22y 3m 6d Location: Sydney Posted 06/06/09 03:01 AM Posted 06/06/09 03:01 AM could be cam phaser solenoids. they can get dirt and crap on them and make the car run like crap.
Shermanator Member 21 Member For: 17y 4m 3d Posted 06/06/09 03:57 AM Author Posted 06/06/09 03:57 AM But will this explain the wastegate problem??
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 26d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/06/09 06:00 AM Posted 06/06/09 06:00 AM (edited) faults in coils will not code unless its in the primary circuit. most coil faults r with the secondry circuit which has no electrical connection to the ecu! guarenteed it will be the coils. did he replace with second hand ones cause that could still be the prob! if he put new ones in then disregard this! Edited 06/06/09 06:02 AM by Mike XR6T
Rosie Member 361 Member For: 19y 5m 23d Posted 06/06/09 09:15 AM Posted 06/06/09 09:15 AM My Shop just fixed a similar problem!If I soft pedaled the Car, it was fine!If I hit the loud Pedal, the Car would miss big time!Turns out my Turbosmart Fuel pressure Regulator was feeding way to much Fuel and causing the Injectors to shut down, under hard load!Worth checking!
Shermanator Member 21 Member For: 17y 4m 3d Posted 07/06/09 09:28 PM Author Posted 07/06/09 09:28 PM faults in coils will not code unless its in the primary circuit. most coil faults r with the secondry circuit which has no electrical connection to the ecu! guarenteed it will be the coils. did he replace with second hand ones cause that could still be the prob! if he put new ones in then disregard this!Nah- He replaced all the coils with brand new ones and it was still missing under load. This has really got us stumped. Hopefully it would be solved this week.
Shermanator Member 21 Member For: 17y 4m 3d Posted 08/06/09 08:06 PM Author Posted 08/06/09 08:06 PM Ok the mechanic has inspected the cat and it seems to be alright. So what gives?? He is going to check the cars computer too see if its the problem and possibly replace it if its the underlying issue. I have started looking at some other vehicles to trade into, but at this stage I cant do anything till I get the car back unrepaired. Whatever the case I this does not look any good and the more I look at this forum I am getting to understand that others seem to be having similar issues as well. Before the car becomes a money pit I have to really consider getting rid of it.
DjGsTa Legacy Donating Member 944 Member For: 19y 5m 19d Gender: Male Posted 09/06/09 08:35 AM Posted 09/06/09 08:35 AM valve springs..?
Benda Member 48 Member For: 17y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Maroochydore Posted 09/06/09 08:52 AM Posted 09/06/09 08:52 AM hey man have you checked the spark plugs?my car was doing the same bloody thing last week so I re-gaped the plugs to 0.8mm and I haven't had a problem since.
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 4d Gender: Male Posted 10/06/09 12:47 AM Posted 10/06/09 12:47 AM It seems with problems like this it goes:Coil packsPlugsCatFuelTurboECUAngryTrade-in at holdenSadRegretfullAngryTrade-in at FordHappy.CoilsPlugsCat...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now