82CNT Member 363 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North Posted 28/05/09 06:29 PM Author Posted 28/05/09 06:29 PM I was naughty but na mate had the camber prob and got it all fixed up and now im deff saving money on tires in the long run! it's worth getting it checked out and fixed up because as by looking at what your saying, it eats the inside first a lot harder than anywhere else! and 20's must say im not a fan! to much money, not enough km'sI was a fan to start with car looks great! Then the ride in general was far too rough for my liking. I put the factories back on and enjoy the handling and ride way too much to put the 20's back on. A sway bar and the shim kit and that will be that for the handling side of things.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 29/05/09 01:38 AM Posted 29/05/09 01:38 AM Too often ppl go for the look and then it makes a terrible ride. You dont see the rims to much when your driving. These cars run well on the factory 17 and 18's.I.B.
82CNT Member 363 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North Posted 29/05/09 06:47 AM Author Posted 29/05/09 06:47 AM Yeah I learnt the hard rough and expensive way should have spent the money on mods to start with. I will be putting them up for sale this week. Hopefully get some money back on them so I assume your not interested haha. Ill go with 235's on the front and as big as I can go on the back.
Scrotus Member 156 Member For: 18y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 29/05/09 07:44 AM Posted 29/05/09 07:44 AM (edited) Im also chewing out both front left and rear left tyres. I went to a suspension place and they told me my bushes are gone on the left and the front control arm needs replacement. They also showed me some oil that was leaking from the suspension but wasnt from the shock. What is oil filled and is near the bushes? Anyway im not too sure about this place since they quoted me $300 for dunlop 3000A (not that im going to buy them again), and want me to get brand new tyres before they do a wheel alignment.I have a BFII-07 - 80,000km with lowered factory suspension Edited 29/05/09 07:46 AM by Scrotus
82CNT Member 363 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North Posted 29/05/09 08:06 AM Author Posted 29/05/09 08:06 AM (edited) There is a thread on something in the suspension that is oil filled (not the shock) im sure of it for the life of me I cant remember it but have a long look through them. Yeah both my fronts were on the inside so I assumed camber. One of my rears on the inside but I assumed it was from a buckled wheel in the inside edge. Yeah hard to trust to find a good suspension shop u can trust in my findings. Mine has 50k 03 BA so im hoping I dont have any control arm issues at this amount of ks Edited 29/05/09 08:08 AM by rosscoe1982
Scrotus Member 156 Member For: 18y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 29/05/09 08:35 AM Posted 29/05/09 08:35 AM They tell me its common for the control arms on the ba/bf to go. Ill get another shop to check it out. Mine is opposite to you, my tyres are wearing on the outside also have a few rips in the front tyre quite deep. That is probably unrelated though.
82CNT Member 363 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North Posted 29/05/09 08:45 AM Author Posted 29/05/09 08:45 AM Alright when I get the camber kit put in ill def get them to check the control arms while im there ah prob put the swaybar in then as well apparently tightens things up quite well and reasonably cheap too.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/05/09 09:20 AM Posted 29/05/09 09:20 AM The bushes are oil filled and prone to movement and leakingYou can replace them with Nolathane, which will give you a much tighter front end.
82CNT Member 363 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North Posted 29/05/09 09:32 AM Author Posted 29/05/09 09:32 AM Cheers Zap that was what I was looking for. Anywhere online u know of I can source them from I wanted to change them over anyway.
Scrotus Member 156 Member For: 18y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 29/05/09 10:41 AM Posted 29/05/09 10:41 AM Thanks Zap they told me this, not sure whats wrong with the control arm - seems odd that one would break after 80,000km
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now