KeepLeft Member 240 Member For: 17y 3m 3d Gender: Male Posted 05/08/09 11:03 AM Posted 05/08/09 11:03 AM It can't be Bose. I've heard the $1500 Bose system they add on in Audis and it is in a different league!
Shcbri Member 28 Member For: 17y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/08/09 11:03 AM Author Posted 05/08/09 11:03 AM (edited) Bose is what I was told....hard to believe but hence raising the question.Could be wrong. But if anyone actually knows the brand let us know.. Edited 05/08/09 11:13 AM by Shcbri
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/08/09 11:17 AM Posted 05/08/09 11:17 AM I thought it was samsung or something. Can recall it being mentioned somewhere...but f*cks me where it was now Just out of interest who told you?
Shcbri Member 28 Member For: 17y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/08/09 11:29 AM Author Posted 05/08/09 11:29 AM (edited) Service guy at dealer..... Edited 05/08/09 11:30 AM by Shcbri
Shcbri Member 28 Member For: 17y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/08/09 06:47 AM Author Posted 06/08/09 06:47 AM (edited) Went and listened to other new Fords with premium sound at a dealer and the "hissing" sound is evidentmaybe to a slightly lesser degree to mine. So looks like my only option is to write to Ford to express my disappointment at the audio product provided.Overall although the dealer service staff have been overall very supportive with my concerns I know that they can do no more without a design change in the audio system which obviously is beyond their control.The main gripe I have besides the audio issue itself is how difficult it is dealing through the Customer relations line and how difficult atually making a complaint to this company is.I will have to resort to writing (as there appears to be no other way) to voice my concerns.The real dissaponting feature of this saga is how difficult it is for the customer to get responses back from the customer relationship centre and that for whatever reason you cannot write a complaaint to Ford online even in this day and age without running through the customer relationship centre which I am led to believe is a third party organisation.I wish Ford would survey me on this issue, then again maybe they are happy how their customer relationship centre performs their duties.One question someone may be able to answer:Does anyone know how to contact Ford via phone / email to make a complaint ( not the customer relationship centre )? Edited 06/08/09 06:53 AM by Shcbri
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 06/08/09 07:19 AM Posted 06/08/09 07:19 AM (edited) Guys, sound system 'hissing' is typically caused from feedback or cross talk.Could be from just about anything - a power cable running close to a speaker wire or just about anything at all.It is not only an issue in the new model, but was an issue in the B series as well.I hear it all the time through the phoon when using an ipod, and even when not...A lot of cheap aftermarket installs have the same problem, and many other OEM systems in other brands also. I used to hear the same thing in my suby gt, and that was a McIntosh system (branding wise in a league well above that of even bose)... but all in all which the sticker said McIntosh - it was still Clarion built gear!I dont know about the new systems being Bose, but anything is possible as they do a lot of OEM builds now. For years Ford used Pioneer and Philips from memory. In the B series I believe its a mix - Sanyo amp, Panasonic sub - blah blah... at the end of the day what brand is stamped on the back of the unit doesnt mean much other then the box was sitting in someones warehouse at some point for a little while, and they were the lucky ones to not only get the brand stamp, but also warranty issues from Ford! If it is Bose, it could actually be designed by Ford/Bose and someone like Samsung... Built (OEM) by Samsung then stamped Bose on the out side and Ford on the front... in otherwords - DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING AT ALL!!!iPhone - built by Samsung..iPod - Samsung.. hence why you dont see Samsung MP3 players anymore.Palm, O2, iMate - all HTC built phones.Lots of the Sony range of products - Philips and Samsung.Fujitsu plasma - was Hitchia (joint factory same crap different badge).LG - make a lot of other branded products also.Panasonic - Same OEM for loads of others.Pioneer - were at one stage making speakers for half the other car audio companies (dont know if this is the case anymore).blah blah blah...Complaining to Ford - only way I know of is via the 13FORD or email/letter. They will handle it (well listen) and go from there... Edited 06/08/09 07:21 AM by smicky
Shcbri Member 28 Member For: 17y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/08/09 07:34 AM Author Posted 06/08/09 07:34 AM Thanks for your input Smicky.
Shcbri Member 28 Member For: 17y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/08/09 06:24 AM Author Posted 07/08/09 06:24 AM Finally managed to talk with someone at the HQ not thru the customer service line . Got to express my concerns over the phone and felt I got a good hearing. Will be expecting some feedback after he has checked my concerns out.Feel better that I have actually spoken to someone who can either take action or let me know the state of play or tell me I am blowing smoke.. or all three maybe...This is the first time that I feel that I have been listened to by the company HQ area outside of the dealer service network with respect to this issue..The fact that you feel like your trying to fight the wind is the most annoying when you feel you're getting nowhere.....
Shcbri Member 28 Member For: 17y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/08/09 05:32 AM Author Posted 14/08/09 05:32 AM Manager from HQ got back to me with the news that this is as good as the Premium Sound gets and working as designed......at least he was more responsive that the normal contacts you have to go thru.I expressed my dissatisfaction with the audible hissing and the bottom line is to turn it up.....problem is the hiss is still in the background when using the hands free phone function.Maybe they will get it right in the next model.......
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/08/09 07:07 AM Posted 14/08/09 07:07 AM Well that's fantastic.Must be another no cost option, it's justs that most people haven't noticed it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now