Mr Man Mad Scientist Member 816 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 16/05/09 04:41 PM Posted 16/05/09 04:41 PM (edited) tub liner is the black plastic. to get it out you take out the corner tiedown points, there's a few bolts and screws (depending on if you have a hardlid or not) on the sides and at the very back...and nah no retune for just the walbro... Edited 16/05/09 04:45 PM by Mr Man
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 16/05/09 11:16 PM Posted 16/05/09 11:16 PM I have done it both ways and trust me it is easier to drop the diff.
JA2473 Member 62 Member For: 18y 7m 12d Gender: Male Posted 17/05/09 07:10 AM Posted 17/05/09 07:10 AM Dont waste your time. Get a p/w surge tank setup instead. Once you increase power you will need a surge tank anyway.I had a BA and a BF ute , and as soon as I started mods I had bad fuel surge. dont waste the $$$$
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Location: adelaide Posted 17/05/09 07:46 AM Author Posted 17/05/09 07:46 AM im aiming at 300rwkw as mine isnt a mk2 I think the surge set up would be overkill+alot more expensive
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 17/05/09 12:31 PM Posted 17/05/09 12:31 PM Utes just dont get the surge like the sedans.I have a walboro pump in my tank and run 370rwkw+ and drive it hard down until the fuel light comes on with no surge.surge tank will only be required possibly 400rwkw+.
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Location: adelaide Posted 17/05/09 01:20 PM Author Posted 17/05/09 01:20 PM thanks for that adrian do you have the gss341?
JA2473 Member 62 Member For: 18y 7m 12d Gender: Male Posted 18/05/09 02:50 AM Posted 18/05/09 02:50 AM just going off my experience.Ba ute 280 rwrk (bad fuel surge) BF ute 335 rwkw (bad fuel surge)FYI..
Mr Man Mad Scientist Member 816 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 18/05/09 04:50 AM Posted 18/05/09 04:50 AM Ba ute 280 rwrk (bad fuel surge) BF ute 335 rwkw (bad fuel surge)fuel pumps not installed correctly?I've been in 300+kw cars with just intanks that have been fine...
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 18/05/09 04:51 AM Posted 18/05/09 04:51 AM jasol - Cant remeber mate sorry.JA2473 - that's strange mate. Is that with standard pump or aftermarket? I run my tank right down all the time, pull 11.2 at the drags and run track days with no issues what so ever.
SAPNEN Legacy Donating Member 278 Member For: 18y 5m 3d Gender: Male Posted 22/05/09 04:06 AM Posted 22/05/09 04:06 AM Maybe you guys arn't cornering hard enough I have a standard fuel system in my BF MkII ute and give it sh*t (@ only 265rw/kW) and notice the lack of fuel in every hard corner, can't wait to get a Process West surge set-up or something similar, just need the dosh.When I had a AFR gauge I did notice it drop from rich back a bit towards Stoich on full accelaration around hard corners (when on full throttle it should stay at rich), it was never anything to worry about as I never had ping from it just power loss...Also maybe its how some people drive, I brake hard and power through corners (noticing the lack of fuel on corner exit).I have run at willowbank and didn't experience any fuel problems in straight line dragging.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now