DallasQLD Legacy Donating Member 1,197 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Albany Creek QLD Posted 01/09/03 09:34 AM Posted 01/09/03 09:34 AM The brake money is the best you will spend. Its not until you have driven with Brembos or the like that you can compare. Rainy, your right - you dont get any fade - once!Try going for a decent run and then find that after only 2 applications that you have got fade. IMO its not safe enough for the perfomance of the car. That explains why all police cars have premium stoppers.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 01/09/03 09:38 AM Posted 01/09/03 09:38 AM I know the guys with standard brakes won't want to hear this, but I'm over the moon with my premium brakes. I've never felt so comfortable and confident with a set of brakes.
DallasQLD Legacy Donating Member 1,197 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Albany Creek QLD Posted 01/09/03 09:46 AM Posted 01/09/03 09:46 AM I think are cars are good value but please dont kid yourself about their value when compared to an E55 or M5. I drove a new E55 two weeks ago and I am sorry but my car isnt really comparable and there is nothing I can do to it to make it so other than to trade it in......Where do I start, fit , finish , brakes, engine , sound system.... and that's just the start of it. Is it 6 times better than my T?. No its 10 times better!by the way the brake calipers are so big on the front that Our 18" wouldnt fit360mm discs with 6 spots . 12.4 Standing quarter auto!
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 01/09/03 09:54 AM Posted 01/09/03 09:54 AM The brake money is the best you will spend. Its not until you have driven with Brembos or the like that you can compare. Rainy, your right - you dont get any fade - once!Try going for a decent run and then find that after only 2 applications that you have got fade. IMO its not safe enough for the perfomance of the car. That explains why all police cars have premium stoppers. Overheard the head sales manager talking with his staff regarding a new GT-P on the showroom.... one of the staff was pointing out the features, and was highlighting the big Brembo brakes.... comment from the manager was " and only $2400 for a set of replacement pads!"Any comments from anyone? Why are the Brembo pads so expensive to replace?I've got the standard brakes, and am anticipating the dreaded shudder.... but at around $600 for the DBA's, I think that will satisfy my requirements. Better value than the premium brakes! And it adds that small amount of individual customisation to set it apart from the masses.... Now, what colour should I paint the calipers? Hmmmmm........
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 01/09/03 09:56 AM Posted 01/09/03 09:56 AM Now, what colour should I paint the calipers? Hmmmmm........ Ooh, oooh ... I know this one!
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 01/09/03 10:26 AM Posted 01/09/03 10:26 AM Hey ken just paint them gold and fit dba gold disc then you have a bit of acid rush in you.This can only make it better.LOL.....................Ian
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/09/03 11:52 AM Posted 01/09/03 11:52 AM one of the staff was pointing out the features, and was highlighting the big Brembo brakes.... comment from the manager was " and only $2400 for a set of replacement pads!"Any comments from anyone? Why are the Brembo pads so expensive to replace? The Brembo pads are around $2400 to replace, I know for sure the fronts are around $1200. Why are they so expensive? Brembo! Pay for the name! There are not many more manufacturers out there that are better than Brembo.My AP Pads are $330 BTW.
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 02/09/03 03:54 AM Posted 02/09/03 03:54 AM You get what you pay for
Guest huga Guests Posted 07/09/04 04:00 AM Posted 07/09/04 04:00 AM hey have got a black XR6T manual and have fitted APS stage 1 and know have a dynoed 239rwkw, am considering APS stage 2 and half with Typhoon front mount but worried if theses motors can handle the extra grunt. Does anyone have any feed back?Also intrested in the short shift and looking for more info. :banghead:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now