richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 19/08/03 10:03 AM Posted 19/08/03 10:03 AM Today I was following a Blood Orange pursuit ute along Stud Road that had a very unique rear. Apart from the altezza lenses it also had 4 exhaust outlets. Pity I did not have the camera. When I got the chance I gave the guy a card and invited him to join and post some pics.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 19/08/03 10:14 AM Posted 19/08/03 10:14 AM When I got the chance I gave the guy a card and invited him to join ...What? Did you run him off the freeway and pound on his window like a crazed lunatic? (or is that just me?) :lol:
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 19/08/03 10:55 AM Author Posted 19/08/03 10:55 AM What? Did you run him off the freeway and pound on his window like a crazed lunatic? (or is that just me?) :lol:No a bit more subtle...I waited till he stopped at a set of lights, then jumped out.....leaving the baseball bat in the car so he didnt get the wrong impression.... :lol: He obviously saw me coming as he wond down his window before I got there.
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Posted 19/08/03 11:26 AM Posted 19/08/03 11:26 AM Heres an XR8 from Brisbane that was at the Bryan Byrt Day a few weeks ago. I hope the owner doesnt mind, however I have removed his number plate.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 19/08/03 11:48 AM Author Posted 19/08/03 11:48 AM Heres an XR8 from Brisbane that was at the Bryan Byrt Day a few weeks ago. I hope the owner doesnt mind, however I have removed his number plate. Yep, that's the idea...but the tail pipes were sorta square with rounded corners if you know what I mean.
Guest JESMAL Guests Posted 19/08/03 12:07 PM Posted 19/08/03 12:07 PM Ahhhh.....the M3 styled 4 exhaust look.....altezza-style lights? Hmm... :(
Rodderz Member 92 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Posted 20/08/03 11:25 AM Posted 20/08/03 11:25 AM Richdave, have seen the exact said car on same road last week in the afternoon. Driving the truck I saw it coming up in the side mirrors, slowed down to let it pass, then copped a look at the rear...wtf!!!Double twins look ok (abit square), but the ricer tail lamps spoil a good rear end and the tailgate seemed to be dead flat with all badges removed... Top looking car and individual I guess but dang those tail lamps look ordinary!
Grant Member 453 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Location: Kurrajong, Sydney Posted 21/08/03 03:27 AM Posted 21/08/03 03:27 AM Speaking of tail lights, I saw a silhouette fairmont at Oran Park with tinted tail lights. Actually looked pretty slick - the 17" XR mags and being dumped probably contributed to that though.
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 21/08/03 03:51 AM Posted 21/08/03 03:51 AM Heres an XR8 from Brisbane that was at the Bryan Byrt Day a few weeks ago. I hope the owner doesnt mind, however I have removed his number plate. Just saw a narooma blue debadged sedan with exhaust pipes like that, but only on the one side if you know what I mean.
Guest DEVO Guests Posted 21/08/03 09:58 PM Posted 21/08/03 09:58 PM When I was getting my exhaust done, I spoke to Rob Bliss in Geebung, Brisbane about the possibility of twin exhausts. It was going to be no problem as there is ample room under the rear passenger side for the second resonator. Decided to go with one side only and spend some money on the better stainless tip, as I only have the XT I didn't want to look like too much of a try hard wa*ker.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now