NYT-SKY Member 155 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 25/03/09 08:27 PM Author Posted 25/03/09 08:27 PM (edited) After seeing the results on your car Paul the choice was easy.Mine starts fine, but needs to sit and warm up a bit before heading out. Adam reckons with a bit more time on the cold start he can have it perfect.And you can still get E85 at the United servo in Rozelle. that's where I fill up my storage drums If you need to fill a page or 3 ill in the mag ill gladly put my hand up Edited 25/03/09 08:39 PM by NYT-SKY
PJ. Member 22 Member For: 18y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/03/09 01:33 AM Posted 26/03/09 01:33 AM Well I happy to be a test mule, I knew Adam wasn't going to rod my engine!I heard rumours that once Rozelle's stock was up it was game over, but boy am I glad to hear they still have it. I haven't driven my car in a month and it's great for me because they are the closest to where I live.Shame about the others though, hopefully it'll be back on track sooner than later. 1600cc's are next for me, I wonder how they'll act on 98 though!No longer at the mag mate!
NYT-SKY Member 155 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 26/03/09 04:37 PM Author Posted 26/03/09 04:37 PM I had better get to Rozelle and fill up my drums then!Adam was going to put in the switch for the Haltech, but I said no. Thought E85 would become more available, guess not.I dont want to go back to 98.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 26/03/09 09:13 PM Posted 26/03/09 09:13 PM I reckon now that V8 Supercars are running on E85 it will become more popular, so we still may see the supply improve in coming months - fingers crossed dave!
John_K Legacy Donating Member 438 Member For: 17y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/03/09 04:03 AM Posted 27/03/09 04:03 AM This is a scan of the pamphlet I got from United in Rozelle:
PJ. Member 22 Member For: 18y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/03/09 01:15 PM Posted 27/03/09 01:15 PM I reckon now that V8 Supercars are running on E85 it will become more popular, so we still may see the supply improve in coming months - fingers crossed dave!It was also rumoured that Expensive Daewoo were releasing a car to run on E85 next year, hopefully this is true because it will have to be widely available in order for them to do that! If not, United Rozelle will be making a fortune off me
NYT-SKY Member 155 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 27/03/09 06:06 PM Author Posted 27/03/09 06:06 PM Apparently United Rozelle spent a fair bit on setting up the servo to carry E85, so I dont think they will be turning it off anytime soon which is good.
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 28/03/09 01:52 AM Posted 28/03/09 01:52 AM It was also rumoured that Expensive Daewoo were releasing a car to run on E85 next year, hopefully this is true because it will have to be widely available in order for them to do that! If not, United Rozelle will be making a fortune off me The will do that, I'm pretty sure they sell E85 Commodores in Brazil, but they make changes to the fuel system to do it, and they will make them all E85 compatible in the future, but they will just release it and hope other servos start selling it. Good luck. They are just doing it as a green stunt so they can say how environmentally friendly the Late model camira is when less than 1% of people who buy them could use it. The cost difference between a normal Late model camira and an E85 Late model camira would be very little, but in terms of being seen to be doing something environmentally friendly then it will work, just like the AFM V8 Commodores that do 2 fiths of bugger all in terms of fuel saving, but they fit ecoline green badges on them like they are Priuses or something, and they dropped the power on the V6 VE so it uses 0.1 litre per 100 less then put ecoline badges on them, even though it is still the biggest fuel user in the large car class, and its over 1 second slower to 100 then any of its competitors. Expensive Daewoo are a joke.They have one thing that will reduce emmisions, direct injection on the V6, but they only fit it to export vehicles because it would add too much to the cost of a car.Being green is not about actually making a difference, its about being seen to be making a difference.
PJ. Member 22 Member For: 18y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/03/09 03:01 AM Posted 28/03/09 03:01 AM That final part of your statement is so true!
NYT-SKY Member 155 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 29/03/09 07:35 AM Author Posted 29/03/09 07:35 AM I was at Superlap today. The guys at Haltech were showing the public what the differences were between running pump 98 and E85.On their dyno a car was run 3 times on pump 98 then on E85.On pump the engine made 118hp.Then 120hp when switched to E85 (corrections in the map was only to the fuel so the engine would run on it)Then 4 deg of timing was added, engine made 140hp (from memory)Its fantastic that Haltech did this comparison for everyone to see. I found myself chatting to the Haltech guys for a good 1/2hr on the subject.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now