New Guy Needing Advice

Guest Jet87

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 29d
AND........you get the sexy foot well light sockets (supply your own bulbs @1.50 each) with the premium sound. :

More info please. Where are the sockets and what type of bulb? What control have you got on the lights?

All the info you need is right here >> Footwell Illumination

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 5m 2d
Is it just me or is everyone here overly concerned about which colour 'T' they have.

Not really Jet, just a bit of harmless fun stirring up the Merc Silver guys.

A cheaper alternative to the Premium brakes is to option the standard ones and upgrade the rotors later to DBA slotted. It depends on how you plan to drive the car. Remeber too, if you option the premium brakes you have to get the 18s as well. More $$$ (looks tougth though!).

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 15d
Also are the standard brakes really that much of an issue for day to day driving?

No, they work just fine - stopped the car very quickly when required a couple of times.

The theory is that they are less susceptible to (1) brake fade, and (2) brake shudder. IMO the first isn't an issue for day-to-day driving, and the second will probably be fixed (eventually) by Ford.

Hey Aniken,

Do you do a lot of Kms in your "Day to Day driving"?

Lets say I do 110kms a day to and from slavery and back. They heat up, they warp, I'm not one that is hard on brakes. The truth is I cannot rely on them anymore. Lost all faith in the braking ability of the car.

I ALWAYS use the SSS to slow down from now on. I suppose I'll be contacting Ford about a burnt out auto transmission in a year hey???

19,100 kms on the clock now, 2nd pair or front rotors/disks, already machined once, about to be machined AGAIN for the second time as "Ford" will not replace them unless the disk is less the 20mm thick. pfffft!!!

They ARE AN ISSUE!!! It depends on the the amount of driving you do. If they heat up too much, they WILL warp! end_of_story>!!!

Jet87, It will greatly depend on your driving. If you do a lot of long trips on a regular to daily basis, do yourself a favour and opt for premium brakes. If it's just weekend cruising and running to the shops/short drives to and from work then STD brakes will do just fine.

I'm one of 4 BA XR drivers in brisbane that are having a fight with our particular dealer about this issue.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum :D

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 5d
AND........you get the sexy foot well light sockets (supply your own bulbs @1.50 each) with the premium sound. :

More info please. Where are the sockets and what type of bulb? What control have you got on the lights?

Footwell Illumination. <-Click Here.

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 9d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
If you choose Mercury Silver you will gain automatic addmission to Team HgAg.  This is important, cause this is the only team to belong to. Wittiest, most inteligent members with the best sense of humour, not to mention the secret monthly sex get togethers ... did I just mention that?  :unsure:

OI!!!!!!............

What secret sex meetings, they must be bloody secret this the first I've hear of them??..........you holding out on me Ken?? :huh:

And I've just got the leaks repaired in my Amanda Vanstone inflatable love doll with authentic looking underarm hair ,sweat pimples on the butt and adjustable varacose veins too. :wub:

Just itching to let other people experience the pleasures of such a devine toy of lust!! :unsure:

• Lifetime Members
If you choose Mercury Silver you will gain automatic addmission to Team HgAg.  This is important, cause this is the only team to belong to. Wittiest, most inteligent members with the best sense of humour, not to mention the secret monthly sex get togethers ... did I just mention that?  :huh:

OI!!!!!!............

What secret sex meetings, they must be bloody secret this the first I've hear of them??..........you holding out on me Ken?? :huh:

And I've just got the leaks repaired in my Amanda Vanstone inflatable love doll with authentic looking underarm hair ,sweat pimples on the butt and adjustable varacose veins too. :wub:

Just itching to let other people experience the pleasures of such a devine toy of lust!! :thumbsup:

I thought your paintings would be enough to keep you satisfied Silverhawk.

Ken........."Wittiest, most inteligent members with the best sense of humour", ok, if you say so... :lol: I'd say "most warped" in place of "best".

In a way I'm kind of glad I lean towards the dark side....."Phantom" or "Silhouette". (With the exception of "Blueprint" or "Blood Orange"...YUM)!!!

Phantom rules tools,and you dont need 18" wheels for premium brakes, you must have a mag as a spare though, Do get premium brakes ,well worth it ,no head whatsanames.

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 9d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

:lol: Ed....etc;

They would be if I could get the models to pose in the flesh :D :thumbsup:

I think the old trench coat, trouser legs cut off at the knees and tied up with '100 mile an hour tape' puts them right off :huh: :D

• Lifetime Members

:lol: Ed....etc;

They would be if I could get the models to pose in the flesh :D :thumbsup:

I think the old trench coat, trouser legs cut off at the knees and tied up with '100 mile an hour tape' puts them right off :huh: :D

Hahaha, gawd you're a worry dude......Funny S**t.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 29d
Hey Aniken,

Do you do a lot of Kms in your "Day to Day driving"?

No. I can go for days without getting in the thing at all. If I drive anywhere, it tends to be for at least one or two hours at a time, sometimes longer.

Unless it is peak hour, or I am just unlucky, I tend to use the brakes rarely - usually accelerate hard enough to make it through the next lights before they go red. Am now using the SSS to wash off most speed, then brake gently - but wasn't doing this before the shudder set in.

What was this topic again :thumbsup:?