Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
Trough Lolly, fyi, mine leaks down the passenger side!

yeah I was keen to know as a mates is doing the same thing.. ford reckon its the head gasket but had to piss fart around getting permission to fix it... in the end they put it all back together only shimming a few bolts on the timing case.

  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Castle Hill NSW
Posted
Hi Guys,

Took my FG F6 in for its 3000km service. On picking it up the first thing they said was "When can we get the car back?". I was informed that on the FG's built around August last year the machine that fastens the timing case to the block was loaded with the wrong bolts and the timing case sits about 0.5mm away from the block which causes the engine to leak oil.

When I took it back the next day they had 6 cars in with the same problem. I dont think Ford are going to do a recall, so my advice to all is keep an eye on it.

Does anyone think this will cause aditional problems in the future?

What's the build date on your car? Mine was built November 08. Can't see any evidence of the leak. Anyone know when they fixed it? Mines going in for service end next week.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posted (edited)
in the end they put it all back together only shimming a few bolts on the timing case.

that's exactly how they fixed mine. Will keep an eye on it to see if it's fixed the problem.

Edited by HIRO F6
Posted

Hiro

can you provide some details of what you've done to your fg

there aint many fg with 385 rwkw, so interested in what you've done

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

Checked tonight, can't see any evidence of an oil leak.

  • Like 1
  • 777
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA
Posted

Just had a look to check mine. No signs of oil leak. travelled 2500km

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I have noticed a slight oil mark in my garage also, only a few drops though in the 5 months I have had the car. How bad is the leak meant to be?

Will have to check it properly.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: s/west Victoria
Posted

The oil leak on my fg wasn't much, it didnt drip on the ground. I only noticed it when I had it up on my car ramps.

It was supposedly fixed last week but I haven't been under it to check if it is still leaking yet. Wife was told that the car had to back in again as there is a recall for something else.

  • 4 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. FG XR6T owner here. Just noticed oil leak from timing case. Very minor. Had it looked at by 2 dealers. One said they will re-torque the bolts and I said HELL NO.......! :nyaah: Other dealer said they will remove timing case and aquire correct length bolts. Very common on FG, but fixed very easily. I will update everone of the status and the outcome. Stay tuned.

Ps. Hiro F6 is 'spot on' with his info and DO NOT let ford just retorque the bolts......!!

Edited by FPVF6S
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mt Isa
Posted
The oil leak on my fg wasn't much, it didnt drip on the ground. I only noticed it when I had it up on my car ramps.

It was supposedly fixed last week but I haven't been under it to check if it is still leaking yet. Wife was told that the car had to back in again as there is a recall for something else.

My timing case had a leak too. All ford did was put a new gasket in. Hasn't leak in th 8000 or so k's.... Yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...