Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • T.P.I.S.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SoR, WA
Posted

I would love to see it though. Is there anyone with FGs starting to push it yet.

I myself was in the same dilema when purchasing my car. As you can see I have a BFII F6 only because I am chasing some big numbers and the prices were great and even better now.

  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

As Senna has said you really need to go and take the two for a drive. If you can aford it go for the FG F6 then there will be no comparison to the BF. The FG XR6T has the smaller turbo and wont make the big numbers but has some pretty impressive response and early torque. The BF has the bigger turbo like the FG F6 and will make bigger numbers but at a cost of response.

I will be pushing the turbo to the max in mine sometime in the next few months when I can get my hands on an intercooler and exhaust and then the decision will be to stick with the turbo I have or install the GT3582R off the FG F6 on. With the wheel spin I have now in first and a bit into second I'm unsure if I will take the path of a bigger turbo. I myself am aiming for a fast street car rather than a kw monster.

Benny.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I'm with Benny, I have a FG XR6T and just have a custom tune and the torque is unreal. Will probably look at injectors and cooler later but after that traction really becomes an issue. The low down grunt is s much fun.

Vic

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 9d
Posted

I guess it depends what your looking for.

Buy a BF MKII for dirt cheap nowadays; Or you can spend the extra cash and get a brand new one.

With car resale prices, I'd rather buy a 2nd hand BFII than buy a brand new FG and watch the resale plummet.

  • Caring Understanding Northern Territorian
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin, NT
Posted

The other question is, does all the part likes I/C, CAI and Injectors swap straight over to the FG.

Like can I use my CAI and such?

  • Legendary member!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dianella, West Oz
Posted

I believe the injectors are not able to be swapped over between the 2 as the FG requires shorter bodied injectors.

Intercooler definately wont, there are a few companies currently developing and designing new I/C's and they wouldnt bother if they were a straight swap.

Im not too sure about the CAI sorry!

  • Caring Understanding Northern Territorian
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin, NT
Posted

Damn I was hoping the Injectors would :(

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

why not get a decent tune rather than the crud youve got now and spend some fruit on the old girl??

nothin wrong with the BF's.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 20d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I think that for those looking at mild mods only (ie. Tune & Air intake & Center muffler) this seems to be

the current status (approx):

BA - Stock: 200rwkw - Tuned - 250rwkw

BF - Stock: 200rwkw - Tuned - 250rwkw

FG - Stock: 230rwkw - Tuned - 280rwkw

In each Tuned case the injectors are at their limits (ie. FG has better flowing injectors).

PS. BA/BF manuals need a clutch upgrade at 250kw, not sure if FG needs clutch upgrade at 280kw ???

Beyond the power levels above, you have to start swapping injectors, springs, intercooler, cat etc.

The FG XR6T seems to be 0.8 seconds quicker in stock form 0-100km/h and 0-400m than BA/BF,

so mildly modified to 280rwkw, I think that it would be a monster!

:stickpoke:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 20d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I guess the conclusion is that FG is better for mild tuning.

Another question: Which is faster BF F6 or FG XR6T? Magazines seem to have them fairly close!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...