F6R Member 81 Member For: 17y 8m 12d Posted 20/01/09 02:10 PM Posted 20/01/09 02:10 PM GuysI want to lower the F6 a little. For what it is, the stock handling is not bad, but the thing just sits too high for my liking.We all know the R-Spec has upspec'd suspension, so for the time being, the dampers & bars can stay.I've read through many posts regarding spring selection and so on, but would like to hear from anyone specifically with an R-Spec if possible.Thanks.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 20/01/09 02:34 PM Posted 20/01/09 02:34 PM Same car same springs when looking at lowering it, doesnt matter that its got a sticker on the bumper....
F6R Member 81 Member For: 17y 8m 12d Posted 20/01/09 03:01 PM Author Posted 20/01/09 03:01 PM Agreed, but of all the different spring choices out there, there may be one that better suits the valving of this model than others. There's a bit more to a spring than it's ride height.BTW, Thanks......... but it's a badge, and it's on the boot lid!
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/01/09 08:31 PM Posted 20/01/09 08:31 PM Hi mate.People comment on the height of my car all the time. I have the standard front springs and FFRL-68SSL/310 King Springs in the rear and now the front sits even with the rear so it looks great and handles a lot better (than stock). Also as a really cheap but amazing upgrade is the front sway bar to an adjustable 27mm Whiteline one on the medium setting. Get those two mods and you'll thank me later
f6rspec Banned 124 Member For: 18y 3m 11d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 20/01/09 09:32 PM Posted 20/01/09 09:32 PM I fitted a set of tein spring & shockies fully adjustable height and valve cost more but have the car sitting where I want and DAGS RSPEC THERE ONLY 300 MADE
WARCHILD Member 205 Member For: 18y 23d Gender: Male Location: Kingsley, WA Posted 21/01/09 12:16 AM Posted 21/01/09 12:16 AM Is that the coilover kit? Where in Perth did you get it done?I had the Swaybars done and it made a Huge difference in handling. The only problem I have now is that I have issues with the rear end tramping and bouncing around. I hear that some better shocks are the cure for this?
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 21/01/09 01:00 AM Posted 21/01/09 01:00 AM Yes WARCHILD - You would be correct.Good aftermarket shocks should see you right in getting rid of the tramp!I havent got an R-Spec so cannot comment on springs suited to specific valving of the shock, I would be purchasing front and rear lowered springs and a front swaybar as a minimum. Obviously a rear swaybar would be ideal if you can afford it.On my ute, I have also had the lower inner control arm bushes replaced to poly items.In a perfect world a good set of Teins or Bilsteins would be ideal but it'll cost a fortune...
f6rspec Banned 124 Member For: 18y 3m 11d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 21/01/09 10:00 AM Posted 21/01/09 10:00 AM ebay was my friend I fitted them myself just over 1.5 hrs
Russ F6 Member 641 Member For: 21y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 21/01/09 10:20 AM Posted 21/01/09 10:20 AM How much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?Russ
F6R Member 81 Member For: 17y 8m 12d Posted 21/01/09 12:19 PM Author Posted 21/01/09 12:19 PM Thanks for the info guys. Kings seem to be the status quo here.Pretty sure WA suspensions sell Tein.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now