Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Was looking at the tyres just before, and noticed they're gonna need replacing soon, and seeing as I know fark all about tyres, I've decided to let the brains trust have there say..

Currently have on some cheapo chinese brand 245/35/19's, would like to get the same size, and something good in the wet too..

Wanting to spend between $200-$300 a corner or there abouts.. Did a bit of a search but the threads were sorta old, so a fresh opinion and prices would be good. Also if some Melbourne boys know where I can get these tyres from that will also be good.. Also could I have the full name too...

Rang up a few places already, got some quotes..

Maxxis- $239 a corner (on special)

Falkin-$350 a corner

Sumitomos-$310 a corner

So what say u.. :bowdown:

:nod: Mike..

  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Your House
Posted

I got my hands on a set of lexani tyres, for my 19's a month or so back, and I'm really quite impressed with them especially in the wet, not sure on what model they are e.t.c but I'll have a look and let you know... they were pretty cheap too from memory I got them for around 200 a corner...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Sweet as mate.. any info really..

cheers Mike

  • BIGRED
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sth East Melb
Posted

I was quoted $280 per tyre for toyo proxe4 245/40/18 at tyre factory dandenong.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aus.Vic.Melb
Posted

Hey Mika

I put Falken 451's on mine (245/35/19) - think they have been superceeded now though? They do an allright job though.

$245 each, fitted and balanced. I tried to get Maxxis Z1's and Marangoni Mythos however nobody had them in stock and I was sick of waiting because I'd good stuff about both so try and find some decent prices on them I erection.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
Posted (edited)

With the drop in our $ its worth noting that a lot of imported tyres have gone up quite a bit in the last few months. Just be mindful of that when looking at tyre prices quoted here in old threads.

I had a set of Toyo Proxes 4s fitted last week and am liking these a lot. Feel a lot gripier than the Yokis V103s that they replaced.

I got 245/40 R18s for $255 a corner from a local tyre hop who sells a lot of toyo, so I reckon you should be able to get 19s for the sort of money you are looking to spend if you shop around.

Edited by craiginmackay
  • Legendary member!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dianella, West Oz
Posted

Just got some Marangoni Mythos and they are a crackin tyre...

Hold my 345rwkw all the way through second and nearly, just nearly hold first aswell... Little bit of spin but bite pretty sharply.

Look at getting some quotes on them. Pretty sure they will come in at around $320 - $350 a corner although I could be wrong.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted
I erection.

Hey, dont get too carried away LOL

Thanks for all the info guys.. Seems like I have alot of quotes to get ey.. Im replacing a cheapo chinese brand, so really anything is a step up hehhe

Guest Spinifex
  • Guests
Posted

I`m quite interested in the Mythos, I`m not far off having to make a decision either.

The cheaper 19`s I`ve experienced on friends cars are at best, a bit agricultural.

Depends what you want, grip is my first concern, wear life, noise then price in that order.

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

+1 for the Marangoni Mytho's

First tyre iv'e had that'l hold 2nd when cold and third when hot. They are an excellent tyre. Just make sure your wheel alignment is top notch as they are quite soft.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...