Pacemaker Headers Ph 4495

Vebbers

• ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 26d

From memory, You will need a flash is you replace the Cat on the BF's. BA's are fine.

4495's are the Competition headers for the XR's, 4490's will give you more lower end grunt.

The CAT is the most restrictive part of the Exhaust system, getting it replaced should make a bit of a difference.

How much is everybody paying for their 4490's?

• Member For: 15y 7m 23d

I paid $439+$30ish shipping from eBay, it'll then cost $80 to be fitted.

I ordered those on the 21st Dec and they still haven't even been shipped (I called the seller on Friday)

The exhaust shop I'm getting it fitted at quoted $550 supplied and fitted.

Which is the same as what I'm paying for these after you add shipping and fitting... I should have checked their prices first before going eBay :P

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 10d

Hi mate

I recently replaced my entire zorst from headers to tip, I have an 2006 BF sedan and its got the dual o2 sensors. You are correct in that there will be an issue, the check engine light will come on the dash if you plug the sensor straight back in. The zorst shop I went to has an adapater for the second sensor which has stopped the light coming on for me ( I did heaps of research around this before getting it done) I asked him further about it when he was fitting the system and he said its actually an idea hurricane (the brand of my entire system) came up with, basically its a piece of short piping which you screw into the side of the cat (where the sensor would normal go) and then plug the sensor into that pipe, that way its only sensing the air that's in the little pipe and not actually in the cat where it is moving at a faster speed and would cause an error.

Its interesting you mentioned fuel economy fifty one because mine has gone up since fitting the entire system (although only by half a litre and I have been giving it to the car heaps just to enjoy the sweet sound it makes) I am going to fit CAI to it next and eventually get a tune which will help me get more power and also the fuel economy. My zorst guy said when you get the tune just remove the adapter and plug the sensor straight back in and tune the error out (I will probably just leave it though as it doesnt cause any issues at the moment). I will try and take a pic later tonight and post it up so you can see what I mean.

I actually got him to straigten the adapter because when he first installed it was angled down and was the lowest point of the car and was scraping on my driveway, but its all good now

Oh yeah when I mean I got my entire system done I got extractors onto a hi flow 200CPI cat and then hooked up to straight through mufflers all through 2.5inch piping so there is no bottle neck anywhere, he actually installed the same system on his FG XR6 ute and used the adapter and didnt have a problem with it. I used dapto mufflers - Mufflers Dapto - Dapto Mufflers - Dapto Exhaust Wollongong Extractors Dapto

I got some pics of this adapter that hurricane came up with and my exhaust guy made up. sorry its so close up, my car is quite low to the ground and this was on my phone. you will see the CAT on the left. That bar at the bottom of the screen is just a bracket which would fit for the BA but mine is a BF so there is no where for it go.

17032010123.jpg

Another one with more of the sensor visible.

17032010126.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 10m 26d

I have 4495 pacemaker extractors and 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust 75mm throttle body and it acts like turbo nothin nothin something. it comes on around 3000 rpm it needs tuning but personally pacemaker are sh*t they crack they split they u name it. they crack maily around the join of the secondaries and 3rd weld they also crack down bottom sometimes but in the respect my extractors have had few track days. they crack because they have crap weld on the joins my exhaust mate said I had look aswell and agreed, if you buy set get line of weld across the top again, because they dont have very good weld on them. the primary side has ok weld on mine but on the secondary part of the weld doesnt really cut it. to thin of weld so top up extract welding.