Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • It's not a MKI!
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Earth
Posted

Smoothe as silk. Didn't miss a beat.

Consumption went up a bit though.

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 22d
Posted

Hey,

I'm looking at upgrading the FG Ute speakers. I've been talking to a couple of people and have been advised the following options by a auto electrican. He believes I can get 5' x 7' in the rear (I'm a bit sceptical judging by the photos ive seen on here)

Option 1

Front - Alpine Type R Splits SPR-17S

Rear - Alpine Type R 5' x 7' SPR-57C - Prob end up being SPR-17C

Amp - Alpine MRPF300

Approx - $1250 installed

Option 2

Front - Focal Polyglass 165 VRS

Rear - "Focal Polyglass 5' x 7" however I havnt found these speaker in the catalogue he gave me. I believe they will prob end up being 165CVX.

Amp - Alpine MRPF300

Approx - $1499 installed

I can also add a Focal BUS25 underseat sub for $700.00

I will also be Dynamatting the rear wall and doors.

What are your thoughts on these two set ups? Does anyone know if 5 x 7's can be installed in rear

Is the sub worth it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Castle Hill
Posted

Sub definitely worth it (not sure about the BUS and being good value though). 5x7's in the rear....sure anything can fit anywhere, however if you want to use the existing mount for neatness and simplicity's sake then I'd stick with the 6.5". Besides if you add a sub I see no reason why a 5x7 would be necessary at all. I believe previous models would have accommodated them however not a straight swap in the FG.

The BUS would work well however it is quite a premium. You could get a boxed slim line sub behind the seat for a lot less. I've installed a focal system in the lower/midrange bracket and although it's good. I'm not sure its worth it over the Alpine. Better BFYB in the alpine I reckon. Depends on where your priorities lie I guess. Dynamat gets a big thumbs up from me.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 22d
Posted
Sub definitely worth it (not sure about the BUS and being good value though). 5x7's in the rear....sure anything can fit anywhere, however if you want to use the existing mount for neatness and simplicity's sake then I'd stick with the 6.5". Besides if you add a sub I see no reason why a 5x7 would be necessary at all. I believe previous models would have accommodated them however not a straight swap in the FG.

The BUS would work well however it is quite a premium. You could get a boxed slim line sub behind the seat for a lot less. I've installed a focal system in the lower/midrange bracket and although it's good. I'm not sure its worth it over the Alpine. Better BFYB in the alpine I reckon. Depends on where your priorities lie I guess. Dynamat gets a big thumbs up from me.

Thanks Nolz!

The rear speakers are just going to be a matter of what fits I think.

The BUS25 is expensive (that allows for $100 in labour). I prob won't get the amp with the install but get the wiring put in so its easy to install later.

Better BFYB in the alpine I reckon. Depends on where your priorities lie I guess - What do you mean by priorities?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...