Moultz Member 16 Member For: 19y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/12/08 01:38 PM Posted 07/12/08 01:38 PM Hey team.Pretty new 2 this site but loving all the good advice.I have an 04 Ba xr6t in black with xr8 rims and a nice ebay grill, ha sh*t I got along way 2 goIt has been put on a dyno by the previous owner and tuned up..I just got a quick question though sometimes when I got more ppl in the car I hit boost and it feels like itpulls then backs of a bit then goes again.. the revs dont really change just the pullin force..Clutch..? spark plugs sh*t I dont know where do start..Anyone ??Thanks boys, Ps anyone in WA in a turbo club?Moultza
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 08/12/08 08:15 AM Posted 08/12/08 08:15 AM cud it be changing gears?
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 21d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 08/12/08 08:51 AM Posted 08/12/08 08:51 AM Does it sound like breaking down or missing. Could be coils. You can them tested.
Moultz Member 16 Member For: 19y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/12/08 04:44 PM Author Posted 08/12/08 04:44 PM sorry boys forgot to mention its a manny..I had another burn tonight and I am thinkin it may be the clutch as its done about 90000 and im not sure if the last bloke would have changed it...just wonderin if anyone has had anything similar..Thanks for the replies though..Moultz
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 08/12/08 08:11 PM Posted 08/12/08 08:11 PM if its the clutch slipping then it will sound like your reving it in neutral then the power will come on, you will notice clutch slip trust me. what mods did the previous owner do and what power has it got?
Moultz Member 16 Member For: 19y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/01/10 06:59 AM Author Posted 03/01/10 06:59 AM The more I read I think it may be coils. The clutch isnt slipping the car is just "stuttering" under heavy acceleration. Spark plugs. new leads or coils perhaps. anyone had the same thing and got it sorted out?Moultz
RIPGMH Legacy Donating Member 302 Member For: 22y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/01/10 07:15 AM Posted 03/01/10 07:15 AM Change fuel filter and check coils
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 03/01/10 07:50 AM Posted 03/01/10 07:50 AM
Moultz Member 16 Member For: 19y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 28/01/10 03:04 PM Author Posted 28/01/10 03:04 PM Just incase anyone was following this.I did a full service. fuel filter, oil screen clean, oil, gearbox oil, sparkplugs, air filter, diff seals and new oil..And fitted an ebay HDI kit.Runs like a dream. Perhaps a combination of sh*t was restricting the power... I dont know.Maintain your sh*t. It worked for me Moultz
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now