F6 Snorkel

• Member For: 16y 12d

This is probably where I get laughed off the forum :blink: .........But to all the people who have cut holes in the lower part of their airbox and fitted the F6 snorkel does it really make a noticeable difference?? And if so wouldnt a similar result be achieved by simply cutting a hole in the base of the airbox?? :10_7_3:

• Member For: 15y 5m 22d

It will make a difference, the higher the power/mods the more difference it'll make.

You can just cut a hole in the airbox, but the snorkel makes it so that only air from outside the engine bay makes it into the airbox, rather than any air that is available.

If you want to see how it goes though, you can make the cut out for the snorkel and see how you go with it, then decide whether you think spending the extra is warranted..

for the effort vs. need vs. want I reckon it'd be worth cutting out the hole that the snorkel needs and using that in the short term. You'll get some warmer air filtering in aswell as the air from under the headlight. It'll cost you nothing, and you'll gain some more air into the intake.

There should be a template of where to make the cuts somewhere here on the forums.

• Member For: 19y 7m 15d
for the effort vs. need vs. want I reckon it'd be worth cutting out the hole that the snorkel needs and using that in the short term.

that takes 10 mins work as is... spend anutha 1 minute installing the snorkel and get better results. :blink:

that takes 10 mins work as is... spend anutha 1 minute installing the snorkel and get better results. :spit:

I understand that it'd be better with the snorkel, the point of the statement was that he cant afford the snorkel..

the car will still perform better with the hole cutout vs. standard airbox. Then when he can afford the snorkel, he can spend the extra minute putting the snorkel in..

• Member For: 19y 7m 15d
I understand that it'd be better with the snorkel, the point of the statement was that he cant afford the snorkel..

the car will still perform better with the hole cutout vs. standard airbox. Then when he can afford the snorkel, he can spend the extra minute putting the snorkel in..

he cant afford a $50 snorkel but drives a $30,000 car??

:spit: