envyxr Member 201 Member For: 17y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 13/11/08 04:34 AM Posted 13/11/08 04:34 AM I am having trouble with my gear selection. When I press in the clucth to select 1st gear after it has been in neutral it sometimes wont go until I put the shifter back into the centre push in the clutch again.do you think this is a clutch problem or a shifter problem ? does anyone know if there is adjustment in these clutches. Cheers Al
Guest Guests Posted 13/11/08 05:20 AM Posted 13/11/08 05:20 AM Sounds like the clutch plate is either worn or the CSC is sticking. How many kms & is it BA or BF??
stealthxr Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 20y 8m Gender: Male Location: The Shire Sydney AUS Posted 13/11/08 05:52 AM Posted 13/11/08 05:52 AM Replace and bleed your clutch fluid first, the fluid has a tendency to get very mucky and will cause bad clutch operation !
envyxr Member 201 Member For: 17y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 13/11/08 09:40 AM Author Posted 13/11/08 09:40 AM It is a mk11 ba 05 model.she has done 57500 klms.What brake fluid do you recomend. does anyone know of a decent gearbox repairer on the Sunny Coast or should I make the pilgramage to the Tremec God Mal Wood.
stealthxr Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 20y 8m Gender: Male Location: The Shire Sydney AUS Posted 13/11/08 10:25 AM Posted 13/11/08 10:25 AM Mate I would not be looking at a gearbox repairer just yet, But Mal Wood knows these boxes inside out ! These boxes are pretty tough, plus by what you have described, the actual gearbox can't cause your issue I use Nulon dot 4 fluid.. the thing is not forget to flush more often than not, 6-12 months or after a track day, because of where the standard clutch line runs it cops a sh*t load of heat from the dump, turbo amd manifold this causes it to turn to sludge making it harder to do its job when having to push the CSC to disengage the clutch! While your there replace your gearbox oil with Castrol Transmax Z 4L of it is enough I put 4.5 to help with rollover noise , this oil will greatly improve your shifts .. failing the basics your concentric slave cylinder CSC is rooted, but they usually leak when they are ! Mate for the best T56 package get yourself a Mal Wood clutch fluid line and remote bleed line and his spec shifter it will transform your gearbox, to top it off get one of his clutches Too.Pete
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 3m Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 13/11/08 10:48 AM Posted 13/11/08 10:48 AM Mine does that too, I always thought it was because when the car is stopped the gears are not rotating so they may not be aligned with the input shaft and that would make it hard to select a gear. Popping the clutch gets the input shaft spinning giving the syncros time to align the cogs so you select a gear.This is purely a theory and may have no basis in fact.
RegSpec Cruise Control 1,417 Member For: 19y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Macksville NSW. Posted 14/11/08 09:06 AM Posted 14/11/08 09:06 AM Mine does that too, I always thought it was because when the car is stopped the gears are not rotating so they may not be aligned with the input shaft and that would make it hard to select a gear. Popping the clutch gets the input shaft spinning giving the syncros time to align the cogs so you select a gear.This is purely a theory and may have no basis in fact. Mine does exactly the same thing.....and often after sitting at the lights in neutral, I find I have to just dip the clutch and spin the cluster to get into first gear.My car has a "notch" sometimes when upshifting into third...had it since day one....but last week I had a Herrod sixshift installed and it improved the shift no end.
XRSics Legacy Donating Member 325 Member For: 18y 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/11/08 10:07 AM Posted 14/11/08 10:07 AM Mine does that too, I always thought it was because when the car is stopped the gears are not rotating so they may not be aligned with the input shaft and that would make it hard to select a gear. Popping the clutch gets the input shaft spinning giving the syncros time to align the cogs so you select a gear.This is purely a theory and may have no basis in fact.mine also does this, and I also thought the same thing. I found it weird that if I simply just roll a cm or 2 (with the clutch in) and it slots in easily...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now