smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 11d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 02/11/08 08:34 AM Posted 02/11/08 08:34 AM Smicky we usually meet up at canterbury ice ring .Cheers NickSweet dude, ill PM u and see if I can tag along sometime...
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 03/11/08 06:23 AM Author Posted 03/11/08 06:23 AM Hi all still here.it wasn't that bad a couple of testing hills could of done with 1/2 a dozon more gears.15 of us from the local gym made a team, 2 were instructors.First one home beat the instructors by 20 and 50 minutes,there not happy considering im almost twice there age and smoke.Cheers Nick
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 03/11/08 07:10 AM Posted 03/11/08 07:10 AM Its a very good event, ive done it a few times. But aint ever going to ride it in reverse.I.B.One of the guys that I used to work with at Sutherland did it in reverse 4 times a week, then got a lift home after working a 12 hour shift.
RegSpec Cruise Control 1,417 Member For: 19y 9m Gender: Male Location: Macksville NSW. Posted 03/11/08 08:26 AM Posted 03/11/08 08:26 AM Wow...4 times a week He must have had leg muscles like Wile E. Coyote on steriods.....
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 03/11/08 09:21 AM Author Posted 03/11/08 09:21 AM It was 90km ride.I was doing about 65km down the hills and some freaks were riding past me like I was standing still.They were doing at least 80km.All I know is if you come off at 65km on a push bike it is going to hurt.There was over 10 000 riders and about 400 were hurt,the ride came to a stop a couple of times with one guy going over the rails at stanwell tops and dropping 15 feet over the side an ambulance came and got him.Its a scary ride riders weaving pulling out in front of you with out looking to see who was coming up from behind them.
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 03/11/08 09:56 AM Posted 03/11/08 09:56 AM 90km is a fair old rideand yeah some peopel are just mad and I would probably try hit 80kph aswell if there was a hill big enough which there isnt around here :(as far as training goes im going to buy some lights and a fluro vest and do some night riding as its to hot now in the arvo
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 03/11/08 10:54 AM Author Posted 03/11/08 10:54 AM Would of had a go at 80km if there wasn't that many bikes around.My parents live in marmong point ,I usually take the bike up when I see them,some nice flat rides around the lake . Warners bay side.
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 04/11/08 01:25 AM Posted 04/11/08 01:25 AM I ride around grahamstown dam which is a great ride as its a smooth bike path the only bad thing is that its a bit short
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 05/11/08 09:19 AM Posted 05/11/08 09:19 AM yaygot a puncture and bent my rear rim on the roadie so I took my MTB out on the road for a ride and BOY it takes a lot more effort to keep the average speed at a decent levelmanaged just over 25kph over a distance of 27km and I was rooted
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 05/11/08 09:45 AM Author Posted 05/11/08 09:45 AM HI I started witha big W /k-mart bike would work my ring off for a top speed of 14kph.25kph that's hard work on a mountain bike.If you want more speed buy smoother tyres,like slicks.Should be easier to maintain higher speeds,Cheers Nick
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now