Standard Fg F6 Hard Driving Fuel Consumption Figures

mickq

• Member For: 21y 4d

Hey all,

I have had a couple of T's, am currently driving an SS-V, and am doing the sums to see if I can afford to novate an FG F6.

Can people please post some figures on their fuel consumption for standard FG F6's?

Note: I am not interested in economical drivers, freeway drivers etc. I drive hard, around local streets.

A few points:

- Using 98 Octane premium fuel.

- In my 2 XR6T's I tended to get 22-24L/100km

- in my SS-V I get 22-23L/100 (standard unleaded).

- I drive manuals so manual figures are of most use, but auto figures wont hurt either.

I am only interested in responses with >20L/100km as they will represent people who drive closer to how I drive. As I find it hard to believe the new F6 would go through less fuel than my SS-V or past XR6T's, anything less than 20L/100km is likely to mean you do more freeway k's or drive less hard than I do, so those sort of figures arent particularly useful to me in this instance.

That being said, it would also be interested to know typical consumption at 100-120kmh on freeway cruises. I dont do many, but was astounded that my hard driven T's got 7-7.2L/100km at 120kmh. My SS-V is lucky to get 12L/100k.

Any info appreciated!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 11d

only figures I can give is the Bogan special figures are 14.5l/100km and the F6 is 12.6l/100km stated by the respective factories, seeing I am still running mine in and don't drive like a toss around my neighbourhood I cant give any other comsumption figures

• Member For: 17y 7m 23d

If you only want people to tell you the F6 does 20l/100, what's the point of the exercise? :spoton:

If that's how you drive, stick with the Dunnydore, we don't need any more ratbag drivers tainting the rest of us. :spoton:

• Member For: 16y 3m 24d
If you only want people to tell you the F6 does 20l/100, what's the point of the exercise? :blink:

If that's how you drive, stick with the Dunnydore, we don't need any more ratbag drivers tainting the rest of us. :spoton:

:stupid: If you drive like a loon in suburban streets - first off your're an accident waiting to happen and a danger to others and second you're going to use a lot of fuel! Dah!

WTF is the diff if you use 20, 22, 23 24 or 25 or bloody 26L or bloody more - who gives a flying F*** how much fuel you use unless you drive economically and are looking for ECONOMY!

Expensive Daewoo Drivers! :blink:

BTW mine uses 45L/100k when I flog it on the track - does that help?

• Member For: 15y 11m 17d

This is a really weird question - if you drive hard you obviously don't care about fuel consumption - so what is the point of your question?

I used to have the VE SS before I got the FG turbo. The VE SS is only slightly more heavy on fuel compared to the FG I doubt you will see much difference moving to the F6. I used to get 19s around town in the manual SS so I think we have a similar driving style.

Edited by rprodrive

• Member For: 21y 4d

Jeez - a lot of wankers responded to my post. What a pack of d1ckheads.

I notice an interesting trend - most have been on this forum for very little time.

How about this - if you cant contribute something of use to a fair question, then move on to the next thread?

Even got the stereotypical jab at Expensive Daewoo drivers - what a joke! You really need to get a life and learn to be original.

Rprodrive, thanks for your answer.

The reason I need to know is that I will be moving from 'endless' fuel to having to factor in an annual amount of fuel per year.

That means I need to estimate how much fuel I will go through in an f6.

Now given I dont own an F6, but have accurate personal fuel stats on my 2 XR6T's and my SS-V, I provided those stats in the hope that someone could relate that to F6 fuel usage.

Why? Well in the words of someone below, "Dah!" (Oh, and Braniac - its "Duh" not "Dah". Duh....). . Given its just about guaranteed that some FG F6 owners were past VE SS and XR6T owners, and may have had similar SS or XR6T consumptions that I have, then maybe someone can come up with a decent estimate of their fuel consumption when they moved to the F6 that would be close to what I would expect.

All very logical (I didnt think it was rocket science, but it clearly is for some of you), and its PRECISELY why I took the time to ask a VERY SPECIFIC question, not just another "how much fuel do you use mate?" thread which would likely have resulted in an average figure close to the official FPV figure which is NOT of use to me.

Oh, and for those d1ckheads getting all excited about driving on local streets, I dont do much freeway driving. You can drive in a lot of secluded areas and not go on freeways. And fuel use can have a lot to do with what gear and what revs you do - I happen to run high in the revs frequently. Im not the kind of person who changes gear at 2500rpm without good reason.

All but one of you guys are going off without thinking. Try thinking instead of a knee-jerk emotional response sometime.

I have been at this forum for years, and have never seen such a group of idiots respond to a fair and simple question like that. Well done guys. Keep up your excellent contribution of knowledge to the forum.

Edited by mickq

• Massive Tool
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 14d
mickq,

it sounds like you are a prime candidate for driver retraining.

This is what you wrote

"Note: I am not interested in economical drivers, freeway drivers etc. I drive hard, around local streets".

You deserved every bit of it.

:crybaby:

let yourself wide open