qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 27/10/08 11:34 AM Posted 27/10/08 11:34 AM I intend this weekend hopefully to go out & test the newly fitted plenum & retune & see if I can lower my 60ftr with my newly purchased gauge. The trip to the nearest track is about 2 1/2 hours away so I had the perfect plan I was gonna stay at my mates down there friday night & take it easy saturday & cruise around to the track which is less than 5mins away from his place. Just enough time to get the eng warm but plans went to the sh*t house & he's had to go to brissy for the weekend. I figured I can still go down & do a round trip on sat arvo & night but after a trip like that there would have to be a certain amount of heat soak which we all know what that does to our cars. does anyone use anything to get the temps down to try & negate that problem. Hope I dont sound to ridicleous as im goin down there to do a time so I want to try & put as much in my favour as possible.john
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 27/10/08 12:04 PM Posted 27/10/08 12:04 PM Just give it an hour or so with the bonnet up mate.I've done a few mods to mine to reduce under bonnet temps, I'll let you know tomorow some time
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 27/10/08 12:06 PM Author Posted 27/10/08 12:06 PM thanks for that chris. any help would be good. im gonna leave myself a couple of hours if I can, will be boring but worth it I think.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 27/10/08 12:08 PM Posted 27/10/08 12:08 PM Take a water sprayer with you and give it a few squirts, or you could get a party ice bag from a servo on your way down, then sit it on top once you get to the track
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 27/10/08 12:25 PM Author Posted 27/10/08 12:25 PM I take it you mean spray the manifold? I said I was thinking of doing that to my mrs earlier (putting ice on) & I got the strangest look like are you kidding .
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 27/10/08 12:28 PM Posted 27/10/08 12:28 PM put the ice on the head or plenum, use the sprayer for the coolerThe Mrs probably doesn't understand why you are going to drive 2 and a half hours to race down a 400 m piece of tarmac either, she can deal with the ice...
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 27/10/08 12:31 PM Author Posted 27/10/08 12:31 PM yep that's about it, nah shes alright she helps me put on the tyres & I think she gets more excited once I get goin that I do. she hasnt missed a trip yet. I'll tell her it wasnt my idea & its in the interest of science or national security or something like that.
forced Member 97 Member For: 20y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: south australia Posted 27/10/08 12:31 PM Posted 27/10/08 12:31 PM a NOS spray bar will help and get extra power
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 27/10/08 12:38 PM Author Posted 27/10/08 12:38 PM I wish, its abit of a trip with a hole in the side of the block though.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 27/10/08 12:40 PM Posted 27/10/08 12:40 PM no, he means the ones that mount in front of the cooler and chill the surface area.... I think
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now