Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisvages, Capalaba
Posted

umm I dont know what tyre pressure I was running.. only got the tyres the day b4.. brand newy's.. how does the a6 edit work and what is it and is it another custom tune or can it b used during a daily driver?

yeh I took out my dyno graph and she starts to taper around 5250.. so I decided to change around then.. at first I was reving out to 5750..

also do u use auto or the manual mode? or will both work?

  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

How much power are your running ATW'S? Your ET time should be around 120MPH I recon if your want high 11's.... like all the boys said tyres.

  • Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisvages, Capalaba
Posted

310 rwkw.. I was doing 110mph

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted
umm I dont know what tyre pressure I was running.. only got the tyres the day b4.. brand newy's.. how does the a6 edit work and what is it and is it another custom tune or can it b used during a daily driver?

the ZF edit allows you to dial up some boost at launch and firms up the shifts where as the stock Ford map will retard it to provide driveline protection, and hence minmise warranty claims. In terms of a daily driver makes no difference. Your tuner should be able to tell you whether it was included as part of your custom tune. Not all shops are able to provide the ZF edit.

You will need to use manual mode to get the most benefit. Some of the seasoned drag racers may be able to add further detail.

As far as I recall the ZF will start off in second in auto mode. I drive mine like a clutchless manual 90% of the time. Unless I am stuck in stop start traffic

FYI 2 cars ago ( in the early days) I ran 12.70 @ 117 mph with 270 rwkw on stock factory rubber running 24 PSI pressures.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

To be honest guys, 310rwkw should run a low 12 shouldnt it? Lets say even wilth loss of traction, after 100K'S you can put full power down... you should pull above 120MPH? 110MPH is what a stock FG F6 runs..... and that's with 270rwkw.... not 310?

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

And the FG is running a 13.1 Quater mile which means they must be doing even slower 0 - 60 foot time sthan 2 secs but the power is pulling it through the 2nd 200 meters?

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Well I wouldnt be to happy as I run 12.5 on 20's with same sort of mods but with less power around 290rwkw.

  • Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisvages, Capalaba
Posted

dam.. well I maye take it out nxt week.. as it was my first time and I can assume heat soak.. cuz at the start I ran the 12.9 and was hitting the rev limitors same with the 12.7... but as the car heated up I was getting pushed back.. so technically.. if I go out there first or 2nd run and now that I know where to change and stuff I should do a low 12.. or I will pull my whole piping off and search for any crack or lose seal.

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Dont stress to much, when im at the drag strip I leave the car in perf mod on the auto, I think the zf is harder to luanch than the 4 speed :nyyaah:

Get your self some Mt's man before you buy a cooler I ran the same mods as the 12.5 run, but with mt's and run 11.8 and that was with a monza which is the same as a FPV cooler pretty much.

Edited by YPURV4
  • Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisvages, Capalaba
Posted

yeh... sounds like a good plan to me :) does torque have a big factor in here? cuz I looked at my dyno and its only got 640nm at the wheels..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...