Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Windsor, NSW, Australia
Posted
I had a 91 galant b4 I got my xr6t but I always wanted a VR4 and still have a soft spot for them only thing is take a look at that engine bay! cramped much?? my mate has a 300zx TT same thing with them u can hardly fit your finger in the engine bay! what mods are u planning to do to this lil beast?

I'd love to have a 91 HH VR4 as a track car. They go pretty cheap too!

It is definitely tight in there. But I reckon you could squeeze in two TD04s or two GT2554R's if you had the right turbo manifold design (ie: lots of money and free time!!). There's a guy in Russia who has one down to 11's with two TD04s.

The main problem is the exhaust design. The rear bank meets the front at a T junction, not even a smooth curve. Then there's the dumps from the turbos, really restrictive too. So I'm getting a set of split dumps made up from the turbos and then a nice set of tuned front pipes which will meet up to my 3" cat-back that's already there.

With a new intercooler setup, some more hard piping (like the intake pipe) and a haltech interceptor, boost up to 12-13psi (stock turbos can't do much more than that) I should be looking at the 220kW atw mark.

There's a guy in NZ who's got 400hp at the wheels, I don't think he's swapped turbos, but not 100% sure there.

To give you an idea of how small the stock turbos are, I can't fit my fingers in to check the compressor wheel for free play!

  • 9 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: melbourne
Posted

I hardly see these cars ive been in a gto b4 they hammer im assuming this will 2.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 25d
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted

love these car they fly on about the same level as the nissan stagea's!!! we drive these at work all the time awesome lil pocket rocket

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 25d
Posted

my counsin used to have one, and for sure it flew.

awesome car, great to drive, although somewhat problematic with the block. however not saying that all are =P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...