typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 18/10/08 05:44 AM Posted 18/10/08 05:44 AM hey guys, finally iv set a date to run the phoon down the 1/4. heading out this wed nite to willowbank.. what do the phoons do standard? and what kind of time should I be looking for? my tyres arnt in the best condition atm but will still give it ago. any thoughts?
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/10/08 05:56 AM Posted 18/10/08 05:56 AM Standard typhoons usually do a low 13 second 1/4 from what I've seen. I've been wanting to take mine down the 1/4 for a while as well, but now that I've lost the license that won't be happening anytime soon. I would say if it's your first time out, at a guess mid to low 12's, but I'm not expert I've never been down the 1/4 mile
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 18/10/08 06:12 AM Author Posted 18/10/08 06:12 AM (edited) yeh kinda hoping for a low 12.. but should be a good experience! be good to compare times as we have a very close power figure Edited 18/10/08 06:13 AM by typhoon_freak
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 4m 28d Gender: Male Posted 18/10/08 06:18 AM Posted 18/10/08 06:18 AM do your self a favoure and get some mt's there cheap as piss mate and that will see you into the 11's
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 18/10/08 07:19 AM Author Posted 18/10/08 07:19 AM stupid question... mt's?
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/10/08 07:36 AM Posted 18/10/08 07:36 AM Mickey Thompson drag radials.All you need is a cheap pair of 17"s and soem MT's and it will reduce the wheelspin and allow the car a quicker 60' time, that will result in a better ET.
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 18/10/08 07:40 AM Author Posted 18/10/08 07:40 AM hmm kewl. well I will pop down to thw wreckers this week and get some 17 stockers and then tyre shop for some new tyres
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 18/10/08 07:45 AM Posted 18/10/08 07:45 AM do your self a favoure and get some mt's there cheap as piss mate and that will see you into the 11'sat about $350 per corner + 17" rims.... I would not say that they are cheap as piss....
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 18/10/08 07:59 AM Author Posted 18/10/08 07:59 AM ouch... yeh that is a lil on the high side... maybe I will just see how the dunnys hold up
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 4m 28d Gender: Male Posted 18/10/08 11:15 AM Posted 18/10/08 11:15 AM at about $350 per corner + 17" rims.... I would not say that they are cheap as piss.... 350 I get them for like 290 but when you compare a semi drag tyre for 290 vs a street tyre in 20's for 500 there cheap as piss
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now