andrewx19x Member 14 Member For: 18y 1m 26d Posted 15/10/08 05:18 AM Posted 15/10/08 05:18 AM This is my new front mount that I fitted its heaps good very happy with it after I fitted it I got rapids under battery intake (Thanks Chris- from rapid) will get some pics of that
Guest Guests Posted 15/10/08 05:20 AM Posted 15/10/08 05:20 AM (edited) Looks good mate.What made you go with a hybrid cooler out of interest? They're not a very clean fit are they??Also, that pod filter will be sucking in heaps of hot air & affecting performance. Standard airbox with F6 snorkel ($70) will do a much better job Edited 15/10/08 05:21 AM by 03XR6T
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 15/10/08 06:15 AM Posted 15/10/08 06:15 AM I reckon it looks good... Ment to be faily good too, and for the price they fill the gap between a wog cooler and rapid/plazmaman, process west etc...Let us all know how it performs on back to back runs..
CJ_AK cj_ak Legacy Donating Member 5,077 Member For: 19y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: Ropes Crossing Posted 15/10/08 06:57 AM Posted 15/10/08 06:57 AM that's what I have on my sedan, they are brilliant, very ood flowchane that filter location as soon as you can though, it will be suckin some decenthot air,rapids under battery cai will do wonders for throttle response, very effective!!!top cooler mate
Pube Member 159 Member For: 19y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 15/10/08 09:48 AM Posted 15/10/08 09:48 AM (edited) Is that the new HDi kit? Looks great, how was the fitment...I can see a hacksaw on the ground in the photo Im confused when it comes to the Hybrid stuff. I thought Hybrid was taken over by Saber? Saber have an intercooler kit where the hot side runs behind the radiator near the fan shroud. This one is different though..Hybrid, Saber Hdi(hybrid) all the same company? Edited 15/10/08 09:50 AM by Pube
qikshift Member 518 Member For: 19y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 15/10/08 10:17 AM Posted 15/10/08 10:17 AM yup definitely address that pod filter as it will be doing my harm than good like that.. the stock airbox will outperform it by a long shot with a kn/bmc panel filter and the 2nd FPV cai good job in the cooler install haven't seen one of these before
andrewx19x Member 14 Member For: 18y 1m 26d Posted 20/10/08 03:39 AM Author Posted 20/10/08 03:39 AM Thanks for the replies it was a bit of a bitch trying to fit it in there the kit is good and what I wanted for being a clean fit with no welds on the pipes but the cold side runs above the exhaust manifold and had a bit of trouble fitting the core as its 100mm thick and just fits in the front im going to get the pipes powder coated black so it blends into the engine bay a bit and so it doesnt get heat soaked by the exhaust manifold but in my first reply I did say I fitted the under battery pipe from rapid which I did after a few days from fitting the cooler I will post up some pics of it very soon
PURVIE Sexy Member Legacy Donating Member 524 Member For: 19y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Berwick, VIC Posted 20/10/08 04:29 AM Posted 20/10/08 04:29 AM I reckon it looks good... Ment to be faily good too, and for the price they fill the gap between a wog cooler and rapid/plazmaman, process west etc... I saw a full HDi kit and piping to suit the T go for 560 bucks on ebay, not too bad if you wanted to crack the low 300's...
Pube Member 159 Member For: 19y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 20/10/08 01:37 PM Posted 20/10/08 01:37 PM I picked up one of these kits off ebay for $575, gotta pick it up tomorrow. Sounds like it will suit mu needs.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now