J3TXR6 Member 88 Member For: 18y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/10/08 05:49 AM Posted 04/10/08 05:49 AM hey all....I pulled out my centre muffler on my XR6t today and replaced it with two straight pipes.....burbles alot louder and sounds good when taking off....I get a bit of back pressure buildup sometime but its sounds really good when changing gears.....one problem though....I seem to get rattle from my heatsheild now...not to sure why it is...the exhaust bloke said that the heatsheild get rocks and stuff inside...(not to sure if he was talking s**t or not) I cant hear it from inside the car but sometimes when im outside....I can hear it....
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/10/08 05:50 AM Posted 04/10/08 05:50 AM Any drone? You coming on the cruise mate?
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/10/08 06:43 AM Posted 04/10/08 06:43 AM If it's anything like when I did mine it'll drone like Dillz subs SICK MATE
AGENT ORANGE F6 Phoon ----- MISH!! Legacy Donating Member 348 Member For: 19y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: BRISBANE Posted 04/10/08 11:39 AM Posted 04/10/08 11:39 AM Put a decent rear muffler after you fix those center pipes and it will sound tuff an no drone.
CJ_AK cj_ak Legacy Donating Member 5,077 Member For: 19y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Ropes Crossing Posted 04/10/08 12:48 PM Posted 04/10/08 12:48 PM The heat shields do come loose after a while. Mine did when I did my centre muffler.Ford just strapped a couple of steel rings around the whole unit to keep it quiet. works a treat.It shouldnt drone, mine sounds awesome, especailly after the custom tune.Will do it ti the ute once it arrives!!!
J3TXR6 Member 88 Member For: 18y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/10/08 05:13 AM Author Posted 05/10/08 05:13 AM define the term "drone"??? its got a nice louder tone to the exhaust...sounds alot louder on idle and good while changing gearsI should be coming on the cruise....hopefully the weather will hold up on that day.....
glimmerman Member 90 Member For: 18y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Penrith, NSW, OZtralia Posted 12/10/08 11:09 AM Posted 12/10/08 11:09 AM Drone from what I know (a mate has done a straight through on his auto... sounds shat when idling, loud as when taking off) and the drone from his, is sorta a high pitched vibration you can hear INSIDE the car, like imagine your exhaust vibrating incredibly fast, at a loud sorta high pitch, and it echoes... that's the drone he has... unless drone means something else... but that's what I'm pretty sure the drone sound is
kona86 disgruntled member Legacy Donating Member 1,237 Member For: 18y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Glen Waverley Posted 04/12/08 12:11 PM Posted 04/12/08 12:11 PM hey dude, how much did it cost u and where did u get it done, I wanna do I soon
XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 04/12/08 09:16 PM Posted 04/12/08 09:16 PM its pretty weird how some Ts sound good with centre muffler removed and some sound shizen I rekon mine sounds good burbles on idle, doesnt drone whilst cruising and screams with WOT.
Ghosti NOT THERE!... THERE! Member 852 Member For: 18y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/12/08 12:52 AM Posted 05/12/08 12:52 AM I'm with you dude, I'm pretty happy with how mine sounds.I still want it louder though.Anyone got a clip of a stock exhaust minus centre muffler and with the rear muffler replaced with a decent straight through?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now