Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 21d
Posted

horsepower factory tuned it today

not hanging it on them at all

as I got nothing to compare it to

so for me, the improvement is heaps compared to the 220rwkw I had from 10psi generic tune, n centre muffler removed.

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: FTG, Victoria
Posted

same mods except,

-actuator upgrade/ flapper mod

-walbro fuel pump

and im making 280rwkw @ 12psi

if yours is 4speed auto I'd probably put aftermarket intercooler but think about your gearbox before hitting above 300 :D (atleast that's the feeling I get around here)

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted

Is yours manual or Auto?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Kane put up your dyno sheet bro.

From what I've heard HPF gives low dyno readings.. can anyone confirm?

anyone had their car dynoed @ HPF then elsewhere?

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 29d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Ive had a few different tunes; one being from HPF.

Rear wheel KW reading was the lowest out of all so I will say it now first off, if your in it for bragging rights with numbers I wouldn't say that's what they're about..

On that note, their tune felt incredibly even and drivable with a table top FLAT torque "curve" so it was a real pleasure to drive day to day without worrying about huge boost spikes or power spikes where it would break loose no matter the caution taken like my first tune elsewhere.

Better to drive that stock and much more power = good.

I will honestly say I am considering getting a tune elsewhere for the fact I am now getting considerably worse fuel economy and I had a few hiccups with service (again, not a day to day issue for all their clients, it was more a one off thing that I came across).

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

I made 300+ with a PWR cooler, stock dump with punched cat, injectors - the stock cooler is a big no-no, the exhaust is basically going to waste mate - get yourself a nice big cooler and some good pipework

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

that is a lot of boost ,for that power

if it's reading 15psi through stock cooler your poor turbo would be running at 18-20 psi that's hard work for a stock turbo

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Posted

should be able to get 300rwkw with a standard cooler, but only for the first run.

have seen quite a few get to above 300rwkw with a standard cooler.

but every car is different!

upgrading the cooler should really open her up though!

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 7d
Posted

It sounds a bit low. My T makes 162rwkw with just a Capa Flash and Dyno tune, with 95 Octane. everything else is stock.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...