Davecdp Member 27 Member For: 18y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 24/09/08 03:04 AM Posted 24/09/08 03:04 AM Hi Guys, I've just received my CAPA flash2 and deka 60lb injectors which I'm planning to install this weekend. I've read a few posts about some cars starting and some not starting once the injectors were changed so what order should I do the install?I'm thinking update the flash to the 8psi then check it starts and go for a test drive, then install the injectors and see if it starts/drives then I can upgrade to the 10psi?I've also got some NGK's to install but I might do them last so as not to risk fouling them.Car is 2006 BF XR6T Auto.Any help/comments appreciated.Dave
Mr Man Mad Scientist Member 816 Member For: 21y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 24/09/08 03:26 AM Posted 24/09/08 03:26 AM (edited) dont install them as the generic tunes aren't scaled to run 60lb injectors.... Edited 24/09/08 03:27 AM by Mr Man
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 24/09/08 03:29 AM Posted 24/09/08 03:29 AM are th generic programs designed for 60lb injecters ,if they are dont run the car until the injecters are in
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 24/09/08 03:30 AM Posted 24/09/08 03:30 AM The engine will flood with fuel and can cause some harm. Just get your tuner to install them and custom tune the car all in one hit
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 24/09/08 03:48 AM Posted 24/09/08 03:48 AM either the programs in the flash tuner are set for 60lb injecters wich you would have to have asked for ,that means the car will run like crap with stock injecters so put the 60lb ones in before you start it, or they are generic tunes for stock injecters wich means the 60lb ones will run like crap and foul plugs etc ,so dont put them in
Davecdp Member 27 Member For: 18y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 24/09/08 04:20 AM Author Posted 24/09/08 04:20 AM Just found out the tunes will not suit the injectors, I got them from different suppliers and I probably should have told them I was also getting injectors.........Oh well, when I fit a new cooler/exhaust/cai I'll also fit the injectors then go see the guys at Gentech to tune it. Will be intersting to see how long will the 10psi tune will keep me happy.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Posted 24/09/08 04:36 AM Posted 24/09/08 04:36 AM be sure to get the car to a dyno if you are running a generic. they are good with some cars, but others have thrown rods on generics..simple trip to the dyno could save you a fortune!
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 22d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 24/09/08 11:18 AM Posted 24/09/08 11:18 AM Just found out the tunes will not suit the injectors, I got them from different suppliers and I probably should have told them I was also getting injectors.........Oh well, when I fit a new cooler/exhaust/cai I'll also fit the injectors then go see the guys at Gentech to tune it. Will be intersting to see how long will the 10psi tune will keep me happy.u mean they will fit the injectors and tune it mate.the bottom line is mate... u cant install injectors unfortunaltly serch the forum for heaps of awnswers on thisget the tuner to install and tune at the same time.even driving to the tuners gentely can I <3 Bananas the cat = $$$
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 24/09/08 01:31 PM Posted 24/09/08 01:31 PM Yeh as Mike XR6T mentioned, if you install injectors and an exhaust, there is a good chance you will have done some damage if not melted your cat...Its not so expensive and much easier to have your tuner install the injectors...
Davecdp Member 27 Member For: 18y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 24/09/08 11:56 PM Author Posted 24/09/08 11:56 PM I'll just use the generic tunes on the flash tuner for now, once I've got a cooler/exhaust/cai I'll install the injectors (at the workshop) when I get it custom tuned.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now