Guest dico2020 Guests Posted 10/09/08 11:49 AM Posted 10/09/08 11:49 AM howdy, just curious what boost the zf boys are making stalled up.cheers, matt
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/09/08 01:00 AM Posted 11/09/08 01:00 AM Just less than what it takes to twist the tailshaft like a corkscrew.Unfortunately you find out by trial and error.Sorry I can't give you a number, but I was generally using about 1/3 on my F6 boost gauge before the tailshaft broke.At a guess I'd say 5lb should be plenty to get it going well.Brian
Guest dico2020 Guests Posted 11/09/08 06:23 AM Posted 11/09/08 06:23 AM nice one thanks brian. did a search last nite and found aaronxr stalls up to 10-12psi @ 3000rpm. like wtf x 10. I can only manage 6psi without feeling guilty about hurting snookie wookie.
Guest Guests Posted 11/09/08 06:40 AM Posted 11/09/08 06:40 AM I know Aaron's had it stalled up pretty hard but don't think he's ever launched at 10 or 12 pounds. If he has he must have a freak tail shaft
FSIX Member 566 Member For: 20y 11m 13d Posted 11/09/08 11:34 AM Posted 11/09/08 11:34 AM around 8 to 10psi for a god launch then its fingers crossed you move off the line...
Guest dico2020 Guests Posted 11/09/08 11:48 AM Posted 11/09/08 11:48 AM cool ill have a play on saturday. seems only the f6's are snappin tailshafts, so I should be right .
plick787 Member 25 Member For: 18y 27d Posted 12/09/08 02:59 AM Posted 12/09/08 02:59 AM F6 are snappin tailshafts. Strange. Seems like an XR6T is a better buy for the money. Plus with all the aftermarket parts now you can probably outdo an F6 with minimal mods.
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 12/09/08 03:49 AM Posted 12/09/08 03:49 AM My Xforce Gauge has seen about 10psi from memory, Yes I did stall her up hard and Thankgod it didnt break on me lolMy best 60ft is a 1.750 with the ZF with 325rwkw
Guest dico2020 Guests Posted 12/09/08 08:21 AM Posted 12/09/08 08:21 AM id say the f6's and xr6t's run the same tail shaft, but my sence of humor sometimes makes me look a little mentaly dis-abled.aaron what was your et and mph on that run?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now