Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Gold Platinum Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

What are good batteries or good specs to look for in a mid priced 12v battery. My T has trouble cranking now after my latest round of engine mods especially if I have gone on a few short drives. I have a car computer and sound system that draws a decent amount and also the T often sits two weeks at a time without being started.

Thanks.

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted

Ive always had a good experience with Delkor Calcium batteries. 2 of my cars sit un-driven for extended periods of time. They always crank nice and strong when they do get taken out. One of my old daily's used to go flat if it wasnt used for a month. Crappy lead acid batteries... Even the new ones would fail after sitting for a bit.

  • It's not a MKI!
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Earth
Posted
What are good batteries or good specs to look for in a mid priced 12v battery. My T has trouble cranking now after my latest round of engine mods especially if I have gone on a few short drives. I have a car computer and sound system that draws a decent amount and also the T often sits two weeks at a time without being started.

Thanks.

Depends what you class as a 'mid priced' battery.

If it's having trouble starting after a few short drives it won't matter what battery you put in it, it will still suffer the same consequences.

If you have a decent sound system that is drawing more current out of your battery than your alternator can put back in then you need to upgrade your alternator.

I'd be looking at the alternator first if I was you.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 24d
  • Location: Mackay QLD
Posted

if its the factory battery just piss it off and put anything decent in there. like a extra heavy duty option in century or a supercharge gold. you probably pay about 180-200 for either one.

  • iTs alL DaRDy........
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

calcium king 600cca sealed calcuim basttery 3 year warrenty N50EFMF $165

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I have looked for the calcium king and cannot find any one in Sydney that stock them.

Anyone know a place in Sydney that stocks these elusive batteries as my car nearly did not start this morning.

  • iTs alL DaRDy........
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Zap if it comes down 2 it and u really want one im happy to send u one up.

dunno how much freight would b but it could be done

(and anyone else up North that wants one)

  • iTs alL DaRDy........
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

I could do a Group BUY?????? Cheaper???

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Thanks for the offer Mike :spoton:

The only problem is, most freight companies do not like carrying batteries.

I am sure there will be a local place that stocks them.

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted

I managed to get Fastways to bring a Delkor up from Mackay which is 900klms away. The other one I got from Brisbane and Fastways down there wouldnt touch it. So I got it sent up on a truck, but it got delivered to me by Fastways in the end anyway!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...