bloosted Cruise Control 1,383 Member For: 20y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 03/09/08 11:15 AM Posted 03/09/08 11:15 AM I have Advans and reckon they are ordinary esp for the money
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 10d Posted 03/09/08 12:24 PM Author Posted 03/09/08 12:24 PM The postage was $45ea tyre.Bloosted. I must say I did expect a bit more from them too, my car isn't a power house (320rwkw) but as soon as it came onto boost in 1st and sometimes 2nd (rooted 4speed auto) it'd just light them. They did handle great through the hills when they had some heat in them!!! Guess I'll just have to see how the maragonis perform.....
kevo Member 286 Member For: 18y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Wanneroo, Perth WA Posted 04/09/08 01:56 AM Posted 04/09/08 01:56 AM I got the yokohamas on my ute, went wholesale and got them at $450 each, good tyres but for what its worth im going with cheapo tyres ON THE REAR ONLY next time because then I wont feel as bad smoking up good rubber, given im not racing its not as if I put them to their limits either, so wast of money in my opinion. Im all for good fronts for safety though
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 10d Posted 05/09/08 07:39 AM Author Posted 05/09/08 07:39 AM Well I ended up getting some Nitto 555 extreme ZR. They are extreamly impressive, the car actually hooks up now!!! great cornering too. Very happy with my choice.
bloosted Cruise Control 1,383 Member For: 20y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 05/09/08 08:04 AM Posted 05/09/08 08:04 AM Well I ended up getting some Nitto 555 extreme ZR. They are extreamly impressive, the car actually hooks up now!!! great cornering too. Very happy with my choice.where from and how much?
Guest Guests Posted 05/09/08 08:27 AM Posted 05/09/08 08:27 AM I got the yokohamas on my ute, went wholesale and got them at $450 each, good tyres but for what its worth im going with cheapo tyres ON THE REAR ONLY next time because then I wont feel as bad smoking up good rubber, given im not racing its not as if I put them to their limits either, so wast of money in my opinion. Im all for good fronts for safety thoughRear tyres play a major part in safety as well... Braking & cornering are both affected by front/rear tyre choice.
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 10d Posted 05/09/08 08:34 AM Author Posted 05/09/08 08:34 AM where from and how much? You're gonna laugh! I got them from Used Tyre Mart on Grand Junction road. They were brand new with the nobs still on them, got them for $300pr . I cant believe how much better they handle compared to the Advans. I was alway going to get a new set till I saw these, had the car booked in and all. Just have to see how they go.........I think you can get them new through Tempe? not sure though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now