boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 10d Posted 02/09/08 08:42 AM Posted 02/09/08 08:42 AM Would like some suggestions on tyresI've been priced:Lexani - $285Kuhmo - $305Nankang - $300Marangoni - $320Sumitomo - $320Yokohama Advans - $785Maaxis MAV-1 - ???Nankang NSII - $250Nexen - $270Any good or bad??Kym
Guest Guests Posted 02/09/08 08:47 AM Posted 02/09/08 08:47 AM I've got Sumitomo HTRZ III's on at the moment in 275/30/19 & they're great. Minimal road noise, great wear so far & cornering/straight line grip is better than both TOYO Proxes 4 & Kuhmo KU31 that were on previously
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 10d Posted 02/09/08 08:52 AM Author Posted 02/09/08 08:52 AM I was leaning towards the Marangoni??? dont know much about them, was just recomended them
Guest Guests Posted 02/09/08 08:56 AM Posted 02/09/08 08:56 AM When I priced them over here in WA, no one stocked them so they were too dear when compared to the Kuhmo's & Sumitomo's. I'm glad I went the Sumi's as they're probably the best tyre I've had on any of my cars... Especially when value for money is concerned!
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 10d Posted 02/09/08 09:14 AM Author Posted 02/09/08 09:14 AM how much did you pay?
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 02/09/08 09:20 AM Posted 02/09/08 09:20 AM mate check your pricing on the Yokahama Advan Sports V103s. I paid half that for 19s and that included a wheel alignment.Top tyre BTW
Guest Guests Posted 03/09/08 01:28 AM Posted 03/09/08 01:28 AM I got 2 x 275/30/19's & 2 x 245/35/19's + balance/allignment for $1150 but that was end of June so got a good deal. I think retail on the 275's was ~$390 over here
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/09/08 03:54 AM Posted 03/09/08 03:54 AM Would like some suggestions on tyresI've been priced:Lexani - $285Kuhmo - $305Nankang - $300Marangoni - $320Sumitomo - $320Yokohama Advans - $785Maaxis MAV-1 - ???Nankang NSII - $250Nexen - $270Any good or bad??Kymsh*te who quoted $785 on the Advans? I paid $585 for that size. They are excellent especially in the wet.look into the Goodyear asymmetric F1 too
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 10d Posted 03/09/08 09:45 AM Author Posted 03/09/08 09:45 AM City Discount Tyres???? discount, ha.I'm getting 2 new maragonis on fri!I have Yoko Advans on at the moment, but got a screw though 1. Didn't even feel it go flat, drove on it for stuff all. Took it to get puncture repaired, when the tyre cam off the rim there was a hand full of shreaded rubber in it. Almost cried!!!I got a good price from Tyre King Bulkham hills but the shipping was a killa to sa.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 03/09/08 10:13 AM Posted 03/09/08 10:13 AM I got a good price from Tyre King Baulkham hills but the shipping was a killa to sa.You been reading my tyre thread SA is a long way to go from here. Out of curiosity how much was the freight ?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now