Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Posted 24/07/03 01:20 PM Posted 24/07/03 01:20 PM Hey guys, is this FPV Drag day open to everyone? I would just be a spectator.... and where exactly is it being held?Ross
dynosteve Dyno Tuner Legacy Donating Member 426 Member For: 23y 4m 23d Location: Redcliffe Posted 24/07/03 11:40 PM Posted 24/07/03 11:40 PM Basically when your using shootout mode the variables are locked into a controlled format, in other words the atmosphere is pre set and temps are pre set also, then there's a percentage added above the figures to allow for hot days etc or major climate changes through a dyno session or competition, in other words it puts everyone one on a even playing field for comparison between cars not true hp. Your basic dyno run on the auto is not much different to my first std run up. sorry if this explantion isn't the best as I'm not real crash hot at putting words onto paper.
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Gender: Male Posted 25/07/03 12:40 AM Posted 25/07/03 12:40 AM Basically when your using shootout mode the variables are locked into a controlled format, in other words the atmosphere is pre set and temps are pre set also, then there's a percentage added above the figures to allow for hot days etc or major climate changes through a dyno session or competition, in other words it puts everyone one on a even playing field for comparison between cars not true hp. Your basic dyno run on the auto is not much different to my first std run up. sorry if this explantion isn't the best as I'm not real crash hot at putting words onto paper. excellent effort ... it is tough to explain ... "the even playing field" is the key thing and hopefully the shootout mode will be the industry standardas for types of dyno ... lets not go there, however the yanks use a completely different type and the results are not comparable to our dyno results ....
Guest Mr Walker Guests Posted 25/07/03 03:27 AM Posted 25/07/03 03:27 AM I think we need a new thread re: drag day. 1axr, have you got the details - time, cost etc. I want to have a run. Ninka, other than turning up you don't need to do much and you won't require a licence. Just need a helmet and long sleeve shirt and jeans/ pants covered shoes etc.
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 7m 25d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 25/07/03 07:16 AM Posted 25/07/03 07:16 AM check out the events & meets section
Guest 56Mainline Guests Posted 28/07/03 11:20 AM Posted 28/07/03 11:20 AM DavoWA>My car was dynoed on a MDX Dyno with weather station so results corrected for barometric pressure, ambient temp, height above sea level, etc..Chart shows "Corrected Power (kW) ISO".I thought "ISO" represented International Standards Organisation & therefore was based on an agreed documented standard!?!Anyways....my results were as follows:With std exhaust: 170rwkW & 531Nm.With centre muffler replaced by straight pipes: 184rwkW & 586Nm.With 3" performance exhaust system: 178rwkW & 563Nm.Needless to say (but I will), I fitted the modified stock exhaust system back on!
DavoWA Proud Team Blueprint member Member 286 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Location: Perth Posted 28/07/03 02:01 PM Author Posted 28/07/03 02:01 PM With std exhaust: 170rwkW & 531Nm.With centre muffler replaced by straight pipes: 184rwkW & 586Nm.With 3" performance exhaust system: 178rwkW & 563Nm.Thanks Mainline.I think that the ISO reference is to the fact that the kW is an ISO kW, not haow it is measured.I have tried to find a standard of some sort for these things, but am unable to. Some test methods exist for ships and some other types of machinery, but not for automotive chassis dynos.I got a similar torque figure to your standard one, with the air filter removed, but the kW didn't change at all.Methinks I'll be removing the front muffler at some point soon.
Guest 56Mainline Guests Posted 01/08/03 11:02 AM Posted 01/08/03 11:02 AM Ahhh, ISO kW...that make sense.Re removal of the centre muffler: I doubt that you would regret it.The exhaust note is terrrriffffffic!And the performance improvement IS noticeable.I'm loving it!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now