Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 4d Posted 24/08/08 10:10 PM Posted 24/08/08 10:10 PM (edited) Finally had a Sunday where it wasn't raining so I went up to Heathcote. Seems everyone had the same idea, the place was packed. There were HEAPS of XR6T's and Typhoons there, it looked like a club meet.lolAnyway, I finally had a chance to check out what the new exhaust and the slightly upgraded injectors have done for the car. I have 301rwkw. I had 3/4 of a tank of fuel (as I haven't got a surge tank yet), full weight running on MT's. Best of the day and my new PB was...60ft: 1.86841/8 time : 7.8891/8 mph : 90.02 1/4 ET: 12.22161/4 [email protected]Previous PB was 12.702 @ 108.24MPH, so I managed to knock nearly half a second off, pretty wrapped about that. So need a proper intercooler now to keep it consistent.I have some photos that I will post later Edited 24/08/08 10:11 PM by Doogstar
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 24/08/08 10:25 PM Posted 24/08/08 10:25 PM that's pretty good going mate. Its pretty consistant with the times and mph I was geting with similar power.Did you use the handbrake to launch?
xclr8 Member 18 Member For: 21y 5m 12d Gender: Male Posted 25/08/08 12:39 AM Posted 25/08/08 12:39 AM Nice work. Good 60ft with the ZF. On that power level maybe an 11.99 with some practice.Cheers XCLR8
bloosted Cruise Control 1,383 Member For: 20y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 25/08/08 03:03 AM Posted 25/08/08 03:03 AM Hey mate it was great to meet you yesterday,I was in the Octane typhoon from SA must say your car is very nice
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 4d Posted 25/08/08 07:16 AM Author Posted 25/08/08 07:16 AM Hey ETM,Did I use the handbrake? I didn't on the run I red lighted.lol The bembos held it on the line on all the other runs, but on that run the lights took forever to count down and I was going for a big launch.Hey XCLR8,Yeah, I need some practice with the ZF , but I am getting used it it, I think I can launch it harder next time.Hey bloosted,It was great to meet you and your mates, I hope you had a good time. That Phoon of yours is great, it can sure move along, what was your best time, when I spoke it you last it was 11.3 I think??
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 4d Posted 25/08/08 07:21 AM Author Posted 25/08/08 07:21 AM Here are some great pics that Scott took on the day..
bloosted Cruise Control 1,383 Member For: 20y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 25/08/08 07:30 AM Posted 25/08/08 07:30 AM Hey ETM,Did I use the handbrake? I didn't on the run I red lighted.lol The bembos held it on the line on all the other runs, but on that run the lights took forever to count down and I was going for a big launch.Hey XCLR8,Yeah, I need some practice with the ZF , but I am getting used it it, I think I can launch it harder next time.Hey bloosted,It was great to meet you and your mates, I hope you had a good time. That Phoon of yours is great, it can sure move along, what was your best time, when I spoke it you last it was 11.3 I think??yeah that was my best run as it started to run rough after that,really shaky idle and a cough off the line but it was fine on the way home,maybe I should not have left it running between runs
INFLYT Legacy Donating Member 784 Member For: 20y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: N.S.W, Sydney Posted 25/08/08 07:38 AM Posted 25/08/08 07:38 AM My understanding is that there was an XR6 Turbo that ran 9.91 yesterday from Gtech/PET Modifications?
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 4d Posted 25/08/08 07:53 AM Author Posted 25/08/08 07:53 AM yeah that was my best run as it started to run rough after that,really shaky idle and a cough off the line but it was fine on the way home,maybe I should not have left it running between runsSounds like it was overheating, I try and have the car off as much as possible while waiting in the staging lanes, bonnet up is a good idea too. That was a great time anyway. Hey INFLYT, I saw that turbo there but didn't get a chance to talk to him, he had slicks and front runners so I knew he was serious.
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 4d Posted 25/08/08 03:01 PM Author Posted 25/08/08 03:01 PM My understanding is that there was an XR6 Turbo that ran 9.91 yesterday from Gtech/PET Modifications?This is him I think...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now