maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 16/08/08 06:58 AM Posted 16/08/08 06:58 AM Hi guys I was thinking of getting the centre muffler removed this week from the T.Im in the south east suburbs and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where to get it done...Also is there much difference between replacing the muffler with straight pipes or is a hot dog best.From what I have heard it shouldnt drone but if someone wants to correct me im all ears.Thanks
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 16/08/08 07:03 AM Posted 16/08/08 07:03 AM Straight Pipes...Any exhaust shop will do.I got a twin 2 1/2 straight thru from where the Centre Muffler was to a High Flow rear muffler and into twin 3" Stainless tips...looks good and sounds very nice...no drone...no over boost issues....that's with a F6 CAi and K&N also...Dyno said a steady 5 1/2 Lbs all the way thru.On a BA.Standard is Twin 2 1/4.
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 16/08/08 07:11 AM Author Posted 16/08/08 07:11 AM urslow, that sounds like a perfect combination of what I want.I know prices will vary in melbourne but how much did just the exhaust work cost you?
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 16/08/08 07:29 AM Posted 16/08/08 07:29 AM (edited) not sure mate it was 2 yrs ago...a couple of hundred I think Edited 16/08/08 09:45 AM by Buf-Phoon
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 16/08/08 07:33 AM Posted 16/08/08 07:33 AM Pic of my 3" tips here.IMHO the only way to have em.....dont like rolled ends.
CJ_AK cj_ak Legacy Donating Member 5,077 Member For: 19y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Ropes Crossing Posted 16/08/08 08:47 AM Posted 16/08/08 08:47 AM yeah I had mine done about a couple of years ago. No drone, sounds great, no boost issues, had it custom tuned with great results.you can either get full straight through pipes done which are flanged and bolted in place of the original.a mate of mine did it the cheap way and got them to cut the muffler off and weld straight through section on.
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 16/08/08 09:05 AM Posted 16/08/08 09:05 AM (edited) Option 1 == Pipes welded in place of the Centre muffler will cost u about $70Option 2 == Full twin 2 1/2 with high flow rear Muffler (I got V8 High flow.. forget brand) and no Centre Muffler into twin 3" stainless cost me approx $400.After hearing the sound of option 1 several times on different cars I decided option 2 was better....Option 1 sounds very bad IMO Edited 16/08/08 09:45 AM by Buf-Phoon Usual over quoting
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now