Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 21d
  • Location: Moranbah Qld
Posted

Hi Guys,

Picked my G6ET up on Friday 01-08-08, have included some snaps.

I went for the shadow leather because I thought it would be easier to keep clean, looks like I was wrong, you can see every spec of dirt.

Have included a shot with the carbra on just for those wondering what they would look like.

It's almost due for the 3000km service, speaking to the service manager he says that they don't use any special running in oil. Anyone know if that is right? I'm getting them to dump the oil anyway.

Very happy with everything so far.

post-16283-1219376835_thumb.jpg

post-16283-1219376852_thumb.jpg

post-16283-1219376867_thumb.jpg

post-16283-1219376881_thumb.jpg

post-16283-1219376915_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 21d
  • Location: Moranbah Qld
Posted

No from carbra in melboune. Cost $440.00.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Nice man :drool:

They just whack a semi-synthetic in there, not a 'running-in' oil as such. The general consensus is to change it at around 3k for some more semi-synthetic (I.e. magnatec) and go full synthetic thereafter if desired.

But opinions on engine oil theories are like arseholes - everyone's is different :censored:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
Hi Guys,

Picked my G6ET up on Friday 01-08-08, have included some snaps.

I went for the shadow leather because I thought it would be easier to keep clean, looks like I was wrong, you can see every spec of dirt.

Have included a shot with the carbra on just for those wondering what they would look like.

It's almost due for the 3000km service, speaking to the service manager he says that they don't use any special running in oil. Anyone know if that is right? I'm getting them to dump the oil anyway.

Very happy with everything so far.

Fantastic car, looks awesome.

I am looking at getting the exact same specs as yours but wondering would you have gone for the cashmere now or would you still get the shadow?

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 21d
  • Location: Moranbah Qld
Posted

Hi mjh,

If I wasn't living in a town where there is so much red dust and black coal dust, Iwould have definitely gone for the cashmere leather.

I thought the shadow leather would be a safe option but forgot all the rusks, biscuits, etc. our 15 month old daughter eats in the back all have light coloured crumbs.

Can't win them all. :biggrin:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 1d
Posted

Since people are posting pics of their G6et, I thought I might as well also.

post-3143-1219724784_thumb.jpg

EGO, Black Leather, some aftermarket 18" Rims (Koya zeus)

my previous car was a BA XR6t. And to combine the Xr6 with luxury options is exactly what I wanted. Cheers Ford!

So far the only disappointment is that the ipod integration doesn't fully support the iPhone. Not that I can blame them, but if anyone has information on *if* and when they might upgrade the software to support it that would be great.

cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Posted (edited)

looks nice mate, don't really think the rims suit the subtle beast that the g6et is.. slap some nice non chrome 20s on there ;p

Edited by qikshift
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Nice and :unsure: XR0003

Waited a while for your first post mate, was worth it though!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...