blinkboy Member 40 Member For: 18y 8m 8d Posted 10/08/08 08:16 AM Posted 10/08/08 08:16 AM Just wanted some advice I am getting my car Tuned in Canberra at ESPThey quoted me around $1400 for the following: ( I am supplying my parts myself Ie capa box, springs injectors and pump)Injectors installedvalve Springs installedFuel Pump installedAnd a TuneDoes that sound right? for that price... we are limited for tuners here in canberrathanks guys
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 10/08/08 08:21 AM Posted 10/08/08 08:21 AM sounds like an excellent price to me
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/08/08 09:05 AM Posted 10/08/08 09:05 AM
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 10/08/08 09:27 AM Posted 10/08/08 09:27 AM Have you tried Gentech ? Mickus ( MS 700 ) entrusts his XC monster to them and speaks highly of their work. Also they are site sponsors
ravenhard Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 18y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown! Posted 10/08/08 09:30 AM Posted 10/08/08 09:30 AM I got quotes for the exact same thing recently from 3 forum sponsors up here in Sydney. 1 said they would get back to me and never did, 1 was way more expensive what you got quoted and the other was slightly cheaper than that. Can you guess who I went with?
blinkboy Member 40 Member For: 18y 8m 8d Posted 10/08/08 09:58 AM Author Posted 10/08/08 09:58 AM Have you tried Gentech ? Mickus ( MS 700 ) entrusts his XC monster to them and speaks highly of their work. Also they are site sponsorsGen tech quoted me 2030$ for the exact same thing, they want 990$ for a tune, which I think is a rip, I got my exhaust and CAI done by them quite a few months ago, and said it would be fine to drive around with till I get a tune, now since I called them they are saying that they did not say that and do not recommend it. it cost me 3000 for a xforce exhaust and cai installed, no tune.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 10/08/08 10:04 AM Posted 10/08/08 10:04 AM
blinkboy Member 40 Member For: 18y 8m 8d Posted 10/08/08 10:08 AM Author Posted 10/08/08 10:08 AM been thinking of driving up to sydney to get these things done just to save myself some cash. but luckly I have found ESP
gentech Member 4 Member For: 19y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 11/08/08 07:03 AM Posted 11/08/08 07:03 AM Gen tech quoted me 2030$ for the exact same thing, they want 990$ for a tune, which I think is a rip, I got my exhaust and CAI done by them quite a few months ago, and said it would be fine to drive around with till I get a tune, now since I called them they are saying that they did not say that and do not recommend it. it cost me 3000 for a xforce exhaust and cai installed, no tune.Blinkboy, AS YOU SAID you were getting a tune done the following week, so we @ gentech said drive the vehicle @ own risk! When we quote x force systems or any other system, we quote for turbo flange studs & nuts for the dump pipe & the turbo base stud & nuts because there normally broken or not there!I welcome you to get a tune done for $550 or less! but please give us a call when you need full custom tune &/or a new engine................Kit
blinkboy Member 40 Member For: 18y 8m 8d Posted 11/08/08 07:26 AM Author Posted 11/08/08 07:26 AM It actually came down to 500$ for the tune I recieved compared to the 990$.And I was told "should be fine" about the exhaust at gen tech. . I was not told about any nuts or bolts that were needed . all in all I ended up paying 2999$ for that and the CAI. And you kept my Original exhuast...I am sure you guys do great work there and I have heard many great things about Gentech, but way to expensive for what it is, you should really have your prices comparable to sydney prices. which are way more realistic.I didnt start this thread to have a go at Gen Tech, another forum member asked me about "gentech" so I replied with my experince of it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now