murrayallstar Member 71 Member For: 21y 1m 7d Posted 17/07/08 10:27 AM Posted 17/07/08 10:27 AM HiJust wanted to see if anyone with Ba NA has pulled out there standard t5 and upgraded to a t56if so just need some adviseThanks
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 6d Gender: Male Posted 18/07/08 01:09 AM Posted 18/07/08 01:09 AM I'd give mal or ben a call at mal woods automotive.they have a sponsors section on the board, with a link to their website
Guest Guests Posted 18/07/08 01:30 AM Posted 18/07/08 01:30 AM I'm assuming it would be the same as a T... Wouldn't it?If so, I've done the conversion & can answer a few of your questions What did you want to know?
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 6d Gender: Male Posted 18/07/08 05:03 AM Posted 18/07/08 05:03 AM iirc it is a little harder in an NA.. not sure why I got that idea, and am happy to be proved wrong!
murrayallstar Member 71 Member For: 21y 1m 7d Posted 18/07/08 07:17 AM Author Posted 18/07/08 07:17 AM My car has been converted to turbo.I have spoken to mal woods and ferntree gully about thisI just wanted to make sure it was possible and what is required and if any one has done it too a na and what performance gains they gotI know that the diff gears between the na and xr6t are different but also there is also a difference also in the tail shafts.
Guest Guests Posted 18/07/08 08:06 AM Posted 18/07/08 08:06 AM (edited) Not sure about the tailshaft mate but your diff gears will have to be changed I'm guessing. I put 4.11's in mine after I did the box because it was too sluggish with the 3.46's in there. I'd dare say that the NA diff would be worse In saying that though, Mal Woods can supply a T56 with ratios very similar to the T5... except the top 2 gears for obvious reasons! So you could get away with using your current diff that way Edited 18/07/08 08:08 AM by 03XR6T
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 18/07/08 08:13 AM Posted 18/07/08 08:13 AM The tailshaft is different. The number of splines on the gearbox mainshaft is dfferent on the T56 compared to the T5.I think the cross member also has to be replaced.
Gavin.K Member 288 Member For: 21y 3m 16d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 18/07/08 10:13 AM Posted 18/07/08 10:13 AM Yes that is correct you will ned to get a tail shaft to suit and also grab the cross member out of the car that you taken the t56 from. There is no electrical work to be done it should work with the t5 stuff.GK
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 18/07/08 10:26 AM Posted 18/07/08 10:26 AM That's wrong.There's a reverse lock out that needs to be wired in.
Gavin.K Member 288 Member For: 21y 3m 16d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 18/07/08 10:54 PM Posted 18/07/08 10:54 PM Oh ok I must of missed that when I converted my t5n/a to the t56 turbo my bad.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now