My name is Mud Member 24 Member For: 18y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/07/08 09:12 AM Posted 15/07/08 09:12 AM Ive been playing witht he launch control a bit, ive been trying to take it easy though as im not sure how to explain to the boss I need new tyres after only 5000kms. The first time I tried I had the dsc on, I dumped the clutch and it just bogged down made a few horrible noises then took off. Next time I tried without the dsc and I was fully sideways with a cloud of smoke behind smoke me which was great fun! Then I tried it easing the clutch out and also got those strange smell happening. I need to practise a bit to get full use out of it, and like the previous poster I havent had a manual car in over 10 years. I am loving having the manual though and although I was unsure when I ordered it I am wrapped I made the decision to go with it.!
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 15/07/08 03:42 PM Posted 15/07/08 03:42 PM Wonder how long it will be before Ford void all clutch warranty claims because of this feature.
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 10m Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 15/07/08 03:54 PM Posted 15/07/08 03:54 PM ford have always had an excuse for voiding waranty claims on clutches... driver abuse this aint going to change anything
dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 9m 28d Location: Melbourne Posted 16/07/08 03:29 AM Posted 16/07/08 03:29 AM Its great, but you can't just step off the clutch, you have to modulate it to get off the line quickly.Tried the modulating but I'm still getting a lot of axle tramp in 1st and and sometimes after the change into 2nd under hard acceleration. Sounds like the diff cradle is gonna smash into a hundred pieces! Initially I thought it was the quality of the road but tried it in a few places now with the same result.So I got a fault somewhere there or a decent set of polyurethane bushes will sort it out. Either way I'll be getting the dealer to look at it during the 3000km checkup?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 16/07/08 03:57 AM Posted 16/07/08 03:57 AM you might be getting off it a little too quick mate, with my BA if I get off the clutch too quick it will axle tramp like a bastard!
dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 9m 28d Location: Melbourne Posted 16/07/08 08:05 AM Posted 16/07/08 08:05 AM Yeah I found the same in my BA's, mostly in the rain. The dry wasn't so bad. But this is like 10x worse.Only done 1500kms so far, I'll keep trying
Nashy Member 96 Member For: 18y 4m 10d Location: Tully, QLD Posted 29/07/08 01:07 AM Author Posted 29/07/08 01:07 AM I have had one hoooorrrrrrrrible attempt lol think I need to give it a few more goes heh
wrecku Member 170 Member For: 18y 3d Gender: Male Location: Albury, NSW Posted 14/11/08 04:55 PM Posted 14/11/08 04:55 PM I asked a question in another thread about launch control being on utes and someone said yes. I got my new ute friday and im pretty sure its not equipped with it. it has dsc though?? anyone with a T ute care to elaborate on this?
NateXR6T Member 46 Member For: 21y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Queensland Posted 14/11/08 09:43 PM Posted 14/11/08 09:43 PM Hey mate yeah all M6 T utes have it. There is no button to turn it on or off, Its just there.
FG270 Legacy Donating Member 354 Member For: 18y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: maroochydore Posted 15/11/08 12:23 AM Posted 15/11/08 12:23 AM hey mate I got a fg t ute and its got it all u have to do is chuck it in first holding clutch in foot on accelerator and it stops at 3500rpm , that's launch control. Ive tried it a couple of times the first was a bit of a worry lol but if u let the clutch out smoothly its perfect. All I can say its a quick start from the line.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now